Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you a racist?

Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Allygemz View Post
    They need to stop all this PC crap in schools! It's ruining reality!
    I thought that there was something wrong with him.

In what way do you think it is ruining reality? I am given the impression that if you are not PC then you are not in touch with reality.

The reality of the world is people have opinions about people. It doesn't make them bad and hiding peoples opinions is only wrapping younger generations in cotton from knowing that there are jerks in the world. It's like US' "hate crimes" how on earth do you charge a person for a thought?

Common sense and manners are enough, why does there have to be a parade or a protest if someone says something unflattering to a group of people?

Being PC is one thing, being the PC police on other people is IMO sticking ones nose in a place it doesn't belong. If someone is a bigot, let them speak, they wont idoctrinate me into their thinking but rather make me see them for who they are. I think everyone should be able to use their own judgement rather than people telling people they cannot say this or that.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1

In what way do you think it is ruining reality? I am given the impression that if you are not PC then you are not in touch with reality.

The reality of the world is people have opinions about people. It doesn't make them bad and hiding peoples opinions is only wrapping younger generations in cotton from knowing that there are jerks in the world. It's like US' "hate crimes" how on earth do you charge a person for a thought?

Common sense and manners are enough, why does there have to be a parade or a protest if someone says something unflattering to a group of people?

Being PC is one thing, being the PC police on other people is IMO sticking ones nose in a place it doesn't belong. If someone is a bigot, let them speak, they wont idoctrinate me into their thinking but rather make me see them for who they are. I think everyone should be able to use their own judgement rather than people telling people they cannot say this or that.
    Why is it PC to call someone a bigot?
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33

It's PC too quiet the bigots. It's just putting another group in the closet

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!

You make no sense.

No one says you can't say what you what and other can say it's not cool to say what you want in all cases.

Substitute the word cool for PC.

Hell the folks that "say what they want" in this PC world are even more idiots. It's think it's great that people protest. It's better than violence and it brings more attention to the idiot.

Then again you'll have a minority think the idiot was right and those that think protests are stupid.

You can have your opinions and I can think your opinions make you an idiot fuck.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35

Actually it's PC to protest a bigot politician to put him outta office.

It's also PC to protest a bigot radio personality so he loses his job.

I find it odd that you are against this.

There are some racist black guys in army fatiques outside of my subway stop ever so often with posters and a megaphone.

I wish they'd STFU and go in the closet.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

You make no sense.

No one says you can't say what you what and other can say it's not cool to say what you want in all cases.

Hell the folks that "say what they want" in this PC world are even more idiots. It's think it's great that people protest. It's better than violence and it brings more attention to the idiot.

Then again you'll have a minority think the idiot was right and those that think protests are stupid.

You can have your opinions and I can think your opinions make you an idiot fuck.
    I think what I am saying is either not clear (not surprised) or are going over your head (you like protests, I work, I'm guessing this is it)

Do you realize that the US media is run by the "PC police"?

I agree, let people say what they want. Let everyone else see them for the idiots they are. Shutting them up helps nobody.

Hate crimes fall under PC police legistration. It comes down to what the agressor is thinking, their opinion regarding a minority.

Let people speak, let society judge. Pretty simple. Political Correcting shuts people up and puts bigots in the closets. I'd rather point at them. Although, I work, so protesting is not an option. Not that I would take that option. Clusters of large groups is just asking for trouble. Most times it gets that result. No denying that.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37

Actually it's PC to protest a bigot politician to put him outta office.

It's also PC to protest a bigot radio personality so he loses his job.

I find it odd that you are against this.

There are some racist black guys in army fatiques outside of my subway stop ever so often with posters and a megaphone.

I wish they'd STFU and go in the closet.

Oh Lord!

I dont believe in protests! I don't believe in being PC. Christ!

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    MaxOverlord's Avatar Simplify
    Geez Bob its Reality in this thread and Brainwashing in the other.

Do you see the irony?
    You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing..... Descartes

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxOverlord View Post
    Geez Bob its Reality in this thread and Brainwashing in the other.

Do you see the irony?

Ironic.... innit?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40

You make no sense.

I think what I am saying is either not clear (not surprised) or are going over your head (you like protests, I work, I'm guessing this is it)

Do you realize that the US media is run by the "PC police"?

I agree, let people say what they want. Let everyone else see them for the idiots they are. Shutting them up helps nobody.

Hate crimes fall under PC police legistration. It comes down to what the agressor is thinking, their opinion regarding a minority.

Let people speak, let society judge. Pretty simple. Political Correcting shuts people up and puts bigots in the closets. I'd rather point at them. Although, I work, so protesting is not an option. Not that I would take that option. Clusters of large groups is just asking for trouble. Most times it gets that result. No denying that.
    Again, you make no sense. You don't have to protest. People are allowed to speak and people do judge.

There are people that think what Michael Vick did wasn't bad enough to warrant as harsh a punishment as many think he'll get.
    They speak out and people hear them. Some think those defenders are idiots and some don't.

Then there are those who protest outside of the Falcons stadium. They are letting the NFL and Falcon's management know that tickets will be hurt by even letting him play.

It is nonviolent protest. I don't see the problem unless this was some commi country. I couldn't give a rat's ass on whether you personally would protest anything or not. Protest can and do work.

Fact.

What the hell does the fact that I like one's ability to be able to protest in this country have to do with you working? Maybe this is going over your head or you hail from China or Russia. You also contradict yourself. Protests are one's ability to not STFU and not necessarily make someone else STFU.

Also you keep harping on hate crimes and mixing it with political correctness. They are two different things.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast