Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Have your ever been "on the scene"?

Poster BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Quote Originally Posted by iNVADER View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by asdrewq View Post
    I think the scene's days are numbered as being the number one source of pirated content on the internet. For example High definition stuff - The scene is rubbish compared to a few private torrent trackers in both quantity and quality of releases.

People used to be in awe of members of the scene and being able to get things on superfast ftp but with torrent trackers full of 100mbit seedboxes it is not held in as high regard as it once was.
    let me guess your another axxo fan...........lmao
    Just to add to that. If you look on SCT at where the donation money goes, see how part of it goes to scene access for top uploaders?

The only reason music is a general exception to the need for scene access is because there are so many formats that the scene doesn't release in that it end ups being more of a farm industry with uploaders who specialize in particular formats. Just saying.
    Ask me about my self-esteem!

2. File Sharing   -   #42
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by fsephie View Post
    Once you get to a high enough point in bt private trackers, is there really a point? Are you really trying to e-dick between a minute pretime and no pretime? I'm just curious as to why spending tons of money buying free hardware or risking whatever access to materials you have just for the minute difference is worth it? There is a reason why direct scene access is so rare: it's hard to get and hard to maintain and generally not worth it.
    you're only taking speed into consideration and not content. Torrent sites don't upload 100% of the content available on the scene. I'm more interested in seeing how much is never seen by outsiders. As a utility maniac, I'm VERY curious.

3. File Sharing   -   #43
    mikolan's Avatar p2p-addict
    Never personally been involved with the scene, but an old friend of mine had access to some local dumps and shared alot of stuff from there with me
    God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom?

4. File Sharing   -   #44
    bikernin's Avatar KatanaLover BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    yep..all the current scene groups are gonna see this and post : "yes im on the scene. here is my name, address, phone no, social security no. blah blah blah, dont forget to call the cops"

Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fsephie View Post
    Once you get to a high enough point in bt private trackers, is there really a point? Are you really trying to e-dick between a minute pretime and no pretime? I'm just curious as to why spending tons of money buying free hardware or risking whatever access to materials you have just for the minute difference is worth it? There is a reason why direct scene access is so rare: it's hard to get and hard to maintain and generally not worth it.
    you're only taking speed into consideration and not content. Torrent sites don't upload 100% of the content available on the scene. I'm more interested in seeing how much is never seen by outsiders. As a utility maniac, I'm VERY curious.
    yea each torrent site dosent upload 100% of the content. but you can get a list of all scene releases very easily and from then on just need to know where to look. its really not that hard
    Last edited by bikernin; 11-27-2007 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345