Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do Private Trackers Generally Allow Multiple Accounts to Use the Same IP Address?

punki_rach's Avatar El Chupanibre BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    I think accounts with the same IP are ok so long as you don't download the same torrents at the same time.

But I doubt many trackers let you have two accounts but I guess it's kinda hard to tell whether it's you with two accounts or just two different people.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    bblogs's Avatar Damn Straight. BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    When I used to trade a lot, I had 2 accounts of a lot of stuff.....I was logged into 2 different accounts at the same time, 1 in Firefox and the other in Explorer.

That includes Oink, iPlay, bitmetv......not just demonoid

Never had any trouble at all

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Poster BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Quote Originally Posted by punki_rach View Post
    I think accounts with the same IP are ok so long as you don't download the same torrents at the same time.
    lol, And what does that mean?

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    BANNED BT Rep: +3
    oink is ok with that .. but if you get one account disabled , you will get your other account disabled too

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Yep to blackbirds words.
    It depens on which account we are talkning.
    I use to say. Stick to one account it is the safest

traderman

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    punki_rach's Avatar El Chupanibre BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    Quote Originally Posted by greymatter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by punki_rach View Post
    lol, And what does that mean?
    I meant if two peope had accounts with the same IP they wouldn't run into any problems unless they both tried downloading the same torrent.

Dunno if it's true, I just read it in the bitmetv forum

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Retired...... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I never create dupe accounts!!!!!!!! and also , i will never create a dupe account and get by accounts banned!!!!!!

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Well on wb if you and your buddy share a seeding server like many do then you need to pm a staff member as 1 of our scripts will pick you up and your but gets banned. If you let staff know then we can note it in the file incase you do get picked up by one of our many scripts. But in most cases this will get you banned on alot of sites, as it shows you with dupe accounts. This also goes for the people that have room mates and have more then 1 computer accessing the site with different usernames. If you dont let us or other sites know then in most cases ends up in a killed account.

Wild

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    dcliffnotes's Avatar AmericanPinoyGuammie BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    thats true what wild is saying. i for one almost got in trouble for that. i share rooms with my brother but we use two diff, computers but share one ip address using a router. i sent him an invite and when he tried to sign-up, the tracker said i was trying to make a dupe acct and that info would be sent to the mods. lucky, i didnt get banned or anything.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    sperm's Avatar lol BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by character View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by daveed View Post
    oink allows more than 1 account on the same ip
    That is also supposed to be a 'friend'. Not yourself. It doesnt say its allowed to have more than one account yourself.
    no, it says your allowed multiple accounts on the same ip, and i dont believe oink will know whether its you or your friend.

*off topic*
    i've read people boasting that they had lost their invites, got another invite and started afresh to gain invites... personally i dont want to go down that route, but others

pretty harsh on genuine users

*off topic*

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast