Thread: Pay-per-GB

BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    well any site which offers Pay-Per-GB ?
    its waste of money if you pay for a month and you dont download that much.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Poster
    I'd go for http://www.usenet-news.net/

only changed from them to Giganews because of the higher retentions - good stable service and speeds

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    thanks m8 that was quick
    btw if i buy a block can i upgrade it later on to a bigger one with the price difference or i must buy a new block?
    how about completion ?
    btw since am new to NG can you explain me the retention, i only know that its the period which is given to a news group for a file to be hosted on news server before it gets deleted. what i dont get is why it concerns the user, i personally grap a file once is out why some give 200days retention and why some host servers charge for higher retention.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by BawA View Post
    thanks m8 that was quick
    btw if i buy a block can i upgrade it later on to a bigger one with the price difference or i must buy a new block?
    how about completion ?
    btw since am new to NG can you explain me the retention, i only know that its the period which is given to a news group for a file to be hosted on news server before it gets deleted. what i dont get is why it concerns the user, i personally grap a file once is out why some give 200days retention and why some host servers charge for higher retention.
    I like to have have the retention that Giganews have. Then I don't have to download things before I need it. I often find names of programs I want to try and then have to search NG's to get a cracked version, If it was posted 180 days ago I can still get it, otherwise I have to get it from elsewhere or request it.

It's just like eMule etc. Good for people who downloads a lot.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    so in NG world retention is another way of calling rarity , got it m8.

Benjamen button

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Pilferd's Avatar Poster
    http://newshosting.com/

they have a $10 a month plan which u can renew whenever u want if u'd like more GB's ...

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    http://www.news.astraweb.com/
    $10 for 25gig or $25 for 90gig

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    pbjabba's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    +1 for usenet-news.net. Reasonable prices per gig, ~100 days retention
    And you know what? Macs are too hip. "Oh, look at me! I do graphic design! I wear women's jeans and hang out in coffee shops! I'm a DJ!" Well good for you. My computer is not a fashion statement. It's a computer.
    - Looking for HDBits.org invite - Thanks Magnum

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Another vote for usenet-news.net. Very nice, and cheap blocks. I only grab some things from usenet and it is nice not having to pay monthly fees.