Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Console

BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1

Icon3

are they worth buying even thought you have pretty good pc, what i dont like in pc gaming is continues resources upgrade need. no matter how much i upgrade in a 4 or so months they get out dated and new games with more thirst come out.
    now look at my history:
    i had 32mb card and i couldnt play cs on more then 800X* , i upgraded to 64mb and couldnt play RedAlert 2 without lagging, upgraded ram and CS 1.4 came out and still got lagged in game. i went on and on and now i got my self an nVidia 7600Gs 512Mb DDR and 2Gb ram and Core2 Duo 2.66 and P5B high end Mobo, it cost me pretty good deal of money and for 1st time i was so happy to play battleField at MAXIMUM setting and resolution without lagging so did all of the games at that time till DIRT came out and suddenly i Felt screwed and started to think what to upgrade, i held my self since it was only few months passed by since i upgraded to mentioned specification, now MOHA came and today i went on playing with MAX setting and MAX resolution but guess what it was too much for my machine i degraded the setting step by step till 1024X768 and finally got to play but still with some lagging, i know you may say why i have to play on freaking high setting well i dont like the idea of paying so high price and still play with low setting.

so i was thinking is it worth buying a console to save myself the trouble?
    are game are as good looking as pc?
    which is best one around these days? which are best for 1st person shooter not graphic wise but game play.
    i see game regularly uploaded in trackers are they easy to be played unlike old times when one had to go through lots of problems to burn one.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

2. Games   -   #2
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    i feel ur pain. money does not grow on trees. well, @ least not in my woods, but i will always love console games, but pc games just have that special something. i prefer my fps' on pc and how in the hell can i play WoW on console? pc grafx will ALWAYS be better than console. sure, pc may lag for a bit, but like u've stated... upgrades take care of that. ur rig seems to be decent side the fact of ur crippled grafx card. u can get a great dx10 card for under 3 bills, but that's 3 bills. u've got to get urself to the point where u just upgrade everything all @ once. u'll feel better 'bout it (the new pc build) and u mite even save money that way. i've had my pc for 3 years. lol, it's a dead "gaming" rig as we speak. sure, i can play the new games out now, but i have to turn EVERYTHING down to enjoy. imma build a new pc here shortly and it will last me another 2-3 years. once u get in that 2-3 year building mode it won't seem like such a hassle to play games on ur pc. on the same note the way u do this is pretty much buy the top of the line hardware @ the time of the new build. may cost more, but it'll last u longer. that's just how i work the pc gaming world. gl & hf.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

3. Games   -   #3
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. nails View Post
    i feel ur pain. money does not grow on trees. well, @ least not in my woods, but i will always love console games, but pc games just have that special something. i prefer my fps' on pc and how in the hell can i play WoW on console? pc grafx will ALWAYS be better than console. sure, pc may lag for a bit, but like u've stated... upgrades take care of that. ur rig seems to be decent side the fact of ur crippled grafx card. u can get a great dx10 card for under 3 bills, but that's 3 bills. u've got to get urself to the point where u just upgrade everything all @ once. u'll feel better 'bout it (the new pc build) and u mite even save money that way. i've had my pc for 3 years. lol, it's a dead "gaming" rig as we speak. sure, i can play the new games out now, but i have to turn EVERYTHING down to enjoy. imma build a new pc here shortly and it will last me another 2-3 years. once u get in that 2-3 year building mode it won't seem like such a hassle to play games on ur pc. on the same note the way u do this is pretty much buy the top of the line hardware @ the time of the new build. may cost more, but it'll last u longer. that's just how i work the pc gaming world. gl & hf.
    The PC is not always better than consoles.

Consoles have recently caught up to PCs with only a slight edge going to PC due to the very newest and expensive DX10 cards.

PCs have to be upgraded with graphics cards and sometimes you must buy an entirely new PC to match consoles.

Also I've noticed another trend being started that might catch on....

Unreal Tourney III on the PS3 will be able to run mods made on the PC. Mods have been the one edge that PCs had over consoles.

That might be changing.

I personally would like PCs to crush consoles but there is no streamlining for gaming and game selection sucks ass compared to consoles.

Also with M$ in the console business, you can forget PC being the top choice for games.

I wanna be able to pick up a wireless controller, start a game, and play it on big screen.

Consoles provide the easiest way to do this.

4. Games   -   #4
    off subject @ busy:

that's pretty much how i will be building my next pc. around unreal tourney 3 (pc). once UrT3 cums out 4 pc in nov i'll make my move. from what i've seen pc games are aiming toward the UrT3 engine... so, why not make that the standard in the next pc build. imo.

back on subject:

for that's what i mean... since dx10 cards have cum out pc's have taken the lead once again. seeing how xbox2 had some sort of ati downgraded dx10 thing happening 4 it it was superior. idk 'bout the ps3. also, with pc u can adjust the grafx better with the vast settings found in the game and outside of the game using the vid crd drivers. ie: aa & af. do consoles have this? i'm not sure, but i don't think so. not an argument just opinions and what's left of the knowledge i have on today's consoles.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

5. Games   -   #5
    hey nobody explained about uploaded games on tracker, are they just Burn-N-play or console has to moded?
    some of those game are 6Gb which cant be burnt to normal DVD's are they meant to be copied directly to console HDD since these days they come with one.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

6. Games   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by BawA View Post
    hey nobody explained about uploaded games on tracker, are they just Burn-N-play or console has to moded?
    some of those game are 6Gb which cant be burnt to normal DVD's are they meant to be copied directly to console HDD since these days they come with one.
    DL-DVD or mount. done & done.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

7. Games   -   #7
    so it can mounted on console it self, good
    is that permitted to do on xbox or there is a walkaround ?
    how about media, can i copy some divx video's into HDD and play it on my TV? in that way i can use it to watch my movies on TV relaxed instead of being breakup by my pc

Benjamen button

8. Games   -   #8
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. nails View Post
    off subject @ busy:

that's pretty much how i will be building my next pc. around unreal tourney 3 (pc). once UrT3 cums out 4 pc in nov i'll make my move. from what i've seen pc games are aiming toward the UrT3 engine... so, why not make that the standard in the next pc build. imo.

back on subject:

for that's what i mean... since dx10 cards have cum out pc's have taken the lead once again. seeing how xbox2 had some sort of ati downgraded dx10 thing happening 4 it it was superior. idk 'bout the ps3. also, with pc u can adjust the grafx better with the vast settings found in the game and outside of the game using the vid crd drivers. ie: aa & af. do consoles have this? i'm not sure, but i don't think so. not an argument just opinions and what's left of the knowledge i have on today's consoles.
    That's my point.

Since the new DX10 cards came out, the PC has just a slight edge and that's if you spend the moolah on the gfx card which is about the cost of a 360 Elite.

Consoles don't require adjusting for graphics. There is a standard that is adhered to by a developer when a game is made for a particular console.

Usually better PC graphics are seen mainly because of 1) only the latest graphics card in a PC good enough to take advantage of it and 2) the comparision between a console on a SDTV and a PC on a usually smaller computer monitor has the PC winning out.

I'd rather play Gears Of War on a 65" HDTV than a 32" computer monitor though. The experience is just better. I will be getting GOW on PC just for the 5 extra levels though. The only knock on the game was that it ended to soon.

Quote Originally Posted by BawA View Post
    The console has to be modded.

For instance with my modded Xbox I can just FTP the files straight in the hard drive or rip from a store bought game.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 09-09-2007 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. Games   -   #9
    WhiteWizard20's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Any of your friends have Xbox/Xbox 360 or PS2/PS3s? Try to play a little bit on all of them to get a feel for the console games. I personally use the PS2 to play sports/action games and it does very well for me. Also if you want, you could buy a video projector to project your stuff on a bigger screen display.

10. Games   -   #10
    from past few days ive been reading articles and theories about console and pc's and i came to conclusion that:

pc's are far superior to Consoles both graphic and game library wise(its has far more game then any console, which proves Busyman wrong), ive seen more game floating around for pc then console on all online shops, from several screen shots comparison i can see the in game graphic details on consoles are some-what to way-behind PC.
    from cracking wise pc is one Exe file away while hacking an Xbox360 needs massive effort, risk and resources.
    PC is more preferred for online gaming.
    PC is more preferred for FPS.
    Role Playing game are mostly played on PC.
    the only advantage console got is lag-free gaming due to it being specialized for gaming.

anyway on Saturday am going to one of old local shop to see a xbox 360 and try it.

Benjamen button

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast