Thread: One-off versions of XP, Vista?

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I've had fun playing with some of them- XP Black, XP Indego, XP Indego Platinum, Mini-XP...the - ahem - self-validating variety, you know?

What others are there that actually work?

Are there any oddball versions of Vista, yet (please resist the urge to classify all of them that way)?

I don't know that we need to get too far into where these can be found (enterprising members will find them, I suppose), but I was wondering if anybody else has played around with any of this stuff, too?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Not sure. Vista scares me.

I'm clinging to XP's teet for another year, at least.

yo

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Not sure. Vista scares me.

I'm clinging to XP's teet for another year, at least.
    Me too, but I've got a Vista Ultimate dual-core Desktop to learn on while I've also got a core-duo machine (from which I've pulled the Vista HDD for storage) to run XP Indego.

I'm also running Indego on my laptop.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    can I curse? FUCK!
    Vista works great for me. Its just dumbed down and the menus are different is all. Its still the same ol' windows.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiranai_Baka View Post
    Vista works great for me. Its just dumbed down and the menus are different is all. Its still the same ol' windows.
    Yeah, but it is kinda clunky; that's why I'm just doodling with it so far.

Can't wait for SP1 - sometime early next year, I guess, although I'm debating the beta now...

-Mark Twain

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    KSA's Avatar Pro Skater BT Rep: +5
    I had played with some XP's modified versions b4, last one was called "Scorpion XP" !!!, but if u r interested in Vista, well there's a great modified version released already called "Tiny Vista" i forgat the name of the group those released it, but it's a really great version with many reduced requirements so it can fit into most computers.
    FLiP all the way!