Thread: Maximum Number Of Simultaneous Uploads

Poster
    I let three users download from me at the same time.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    When I'm Downloading Things Only One But If I'm Not Downloading Unlimited .

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    with a max of 2.1 gb/month or i have to pay more, ... depends if they want to review my songs
    any critic is welcome, search audio all for djflypson, a european supernode may do the difference in finding.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    if im downloading something big eg a film 3
    but if im only getting small files unlimited
    People that don't share ever make me really mad there should be something that only lets them download if they are sharing

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    iMartin's Avatar ♥Home Grown♥ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Well im on 56k, but i still have my uploads and downloads on unlimited, and i still get really good speed, for a 56k, because i sometimes leave my internet on at night because im downloading a big file.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    i'm on 56k, so i set it to 1 only. at least that way the person downloading from me gets an ok speed, if not great

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Out of The Ordinary
    I've Mine set to 3

BOT

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    I've messed around with all sorts of settings and always come back to 3 uploads and a bandwidth alloance of 256ks (thats 32Kbps).

I've got 512K adsl
    DOWNLOADING IS FUN - SHARING IS SUBLIME
    When all else fails - read the instructions!!!
    LEEDS UNITED - WE'LL BE BACK

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by Switeck@6 July 2003 - 06:59
    Setting max uploads to unlimited in number is actually pretty cruel because it can result in 10+ at once all running at <0.1 KB/sec speeds, lots of disconnections/reconnections, and even generate file corruptions.

Best to give no more than 1 upload per 1-5 KB/sec of UPLOAD bandwidth you have to spare.

Also, unlimited upload speed isn&#39;t the best setting either. It&#39;s best to set the absolute, maximum upload speed NO higher than what your connection can actually do. Otherwise, you&#39;re just increasing the packet loss on your connection, SLOWING (possibly corrupting) uploads, and making web surfing slower or even impossible.

It&#39;s sort of like trying to make a car run 600 Mph -- it won&#39;t run very fast once you&#39;ve blown its engine trying... but that&#39;s sort of what setting Kazaa&#39;s uploads to &#39;unlimited&#39; speed does.

I have a cablemodem that can download at >150 KB/sec (>1,200 kbps) and can upload at 32 KB/sec max (256 kbps) -- so I set my max uploads to 5-7 and upload bandwidth to 29 KB/sec (232 kbps). This works out to be about 4-7 KB/sec per upload -- although some pathetic connections download from me slower than that and leeches often download from me at >15 KB/sec. (I kick those leeches hogging my upload bandwidth, although I may only check once a day.)
    @Switeck: you&#39;er 100% right&#33;

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    iamtheoneandonlyone's Avatar Andromeda Ascendant
    5 and 5. If they weren&#39;t like this, I couldn&#39;t surf the internet.