Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Music Industry Warning

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Hey Sparsely when they sent the letter they had the exact filenames of files I shared and my IP addr. I do know to DAK anyway. I never spoke to anyone. If it comes down to it (in court) they will have to prove it.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Music   -   #12
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by MetroStars@5 July 2003 - 23:29
    I think this is RIAA scare tactics
    Yup. Notice how 90% of the people who post RIAA warnings and crap like that dont have more than 10 posts!

I bet you this guy wont ever post at this board again.

3. Music   -   #13
    Poster
    downloading it on a "file-sharing" system like this
    Like what? There was no mention of a program, it just says >

It appears that you are offering copyrighted music to others from your computer
    If this is from an ISP, then why isn't there an ISP contact number or site?
    Why is it pointing to a third party site?

Why no warning about a breach of the AUP?

I find this very un-credible.

4. Music   -   #14
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    My letter said I breached the DMCA.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. Music   -   #15
    Poster
    If what these 'watchdogs' and fat-cat executives are saying is true about bringing these cases to court ( because the poor, starving songwriters, performers and producers, etc. are going to have to find a way to get by on only a kazillion dollars a year ) then I hope legal systems and law enforcement organizations all over the world are prepared. The money, man-power and resources involved in such an undertaking would be unheard of in the history of law. The resources set aside for say... the fight against drugs for example, are a pathetic fraction of what is needed to even make a dent in the armour. So, the fight against us evil file-sharing criminals is suddenly going to merit a campaign that could financially cripple the economic prospects of some governments ? I doubt it. This is why, I for one truly believe that the RIAA and others are placing a long-shot bet that if they send out a few million emails with an automated spam system and make a few phone calls in the dark and MAYBE lay a handful of charges that have little chance of getting past privacy and individual rights and freedoms law, most of us will tuck our tails between our legs and go back to playing computer solitaire for entertainment.
    And furthermore, if anyone from the RIAA or any other concerned agency is reading this, I have one thing to say to them.........you do not have the cards to make that bet. I call........You lose.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12