Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Music Industry Warning

jonjon2000
    just got the 2nd warning below this past week .. have peer guardian on, latest kazaa lite with box on options "prevent others from getting list" checked off .. how do they find me? are they tracking specific files or heavy downloaders? any comments?
    COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT WARNING:
    It appears that you are offering copyrighted music to others from your computer. Distributing or downloading copyrighted music on the Internet without permission from the copyright owner is ILLEGAL. It hurts songwriters who create and musicians who perform the music you love, and all the other people who bring you music.

When you break the law, you risk legal penalties. There is a simple way to avoid that risk: DON'T STEAL MUSIC, either by offering it to others to copy or downloading it on a "file-sharing" system like this.

When you offer music on these systems, you are not anonymous and you can easily be identified. You also may have unlocked and exposed your computer and your private files to anyone on the Internet. Don't take these chances. Disable the share feature or uninstall your "file-sharing" software. For more information on how, go to http://www.musicunited.net/5_takeoff.html.

This warning comes from artists, songwriters, musicians, music publishers, record labels and hundreds of thousands of people who work at creating and distributing the music you enjoy. We are unable to receive direct replies to this message. For more information about this Copyright Warning, go to www.musicunited.net.

2. Music   -   #2
    why does nobody take screenshots of these warnings... I think this is RIAA scare tactics --

3. Music   -   #3
    Out of The Ordinary
    Originally posted by MetroStars@6 July 2003 - 00:29
    I think this is RIAA scare tactics --
    Agreed

BOT

4. Music   -   #4
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    One thing's being severly oversighted.

One message is normal (though very few get them now). Doesn't anyone else think that with the second one, jonjon would have been taken down like a ton of bricks if what the music industry is saying about punishment is true?

This leaves either two reasons - Either they aren't keeping track on where these messages go (hence kinda making them seem pointless other than to scare people), or they're not striving to prosecute so they send another "to be sure" when in reality it's just that they can't be bothered going for the smaller fries.

Either reason, I'm still PMSL because to me this is more than enough evidence that the RIAA et al are all mouth and no balls

5. Music   -   #5
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    The warning is real. I got one for sharing Minority Report and Windows Xp Pro. I'm in the Washington DC area and have Comcast Cable (that's who I got the letter from). All I've been doing is stop sharing the particular files I got letters for.
    Question: Can they get my IP if I'm using a router (I'm not using one)?
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Music   -   #6
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    It's automated. Message sending bot.
    you could get 2 or 12, they don't know. Just like ad bots in chatrooms, etc.
    You think there's actually someone at the other end messaging random users and
    pasting that message a thousand times a day?

It's simple chance, that's all. I've yet to recieve one of these type of messages. I'm on frequently,
    and the only thing I share is music...about 1600 files. Just like the auto-dialers that the
    telemarketers employ. It just keeps going till it gets a hit.

ps- Recieving a letter from your ISP is different. That means that the MPAA or whoever has contacted
    your Provider about your sharing, in hopes to intimidate both them and you into blocking
    file-sharing and cutting off p2p.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

7. Music   -   #7
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    The love i have for being an Australian...And it is so funny they put a link on how to take off a file sharing program from a computer...we managed to share millions and millions of music right under their noses and they think we don't know how to take off a file sharing program...It's not that we don't know how to do it...it's because we ain't gonna do it...KAPOW...

8. Music   -   #8
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Oh and by the way I also received a phone call from my ISP saying they got a complaint from 20th Century Fox and to stop sharing a file or my account would be suspended.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Music   -   #9
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    Call them back irate, swearing you never shared that file and that you have no idea what they're
    talking about. Ask em to prove it.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

10. Music   -   #10
    Jayhawk
    my old computer got 2 of those messages. and then when i was at college i dont know who it was but they contacted my college and told them to shut me down and they did for a week it was retarded.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast