Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fecking Burglars!

TheDave's Avatar n00b
    not that ive been burgled yet.

i only had a few hours sleep then woke up about 1am, i couldnt sleep, it was too hot. about 3am i opened the window, then about 45 minutes later i heard a van pull up outside so me being a nosey bastard got up and peeked out the window, there i saw a dude stood opposite the house looking through the windows (thats the tactic round here, the fathers stand outside and send their kids to do the dirty work). fast as lightning i got dressed and ran downstairs holding the arm off a broken armchair like a base ball bat. i think the dude round the front saw me cos ive been marching up and down the house (and the garden a couple of times)for an hour and havent heard anything more. its a pity cos with all that adrenaline i was ready to beat one of em senseless and feed the other to the dogs.

all that on gala day as well, i look like shit, i feel like shit and some how ive got a blackeye.

have a serious discussion, hijack, close, flame whatever. i just thought id give you my story cos im bored and i aint gonna sleep now.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    go and set up a fake house with fake jewellry and stuff and make a sign saying "rich people live here" to lure the burglars in and then beat them to a pulp.
    easy...

3. Lounge   -   #3
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    i might have to make a trap or something . next time i might not be awake at 3am

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Good job Dave, you might have saved the dude at the other house a lot of $$$. He might have gotten jacked if you didn't wake up and take action!

EDIT: Typo

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Crime is getting bad wherever you live, I had My Crab Boat on The Slipway in Sheringham and I had allsorts stolen from it.
    The police are never about, When i get up to go to sea You find the Outboard and Petrol tank Stolen is hartbreaking.
    I did live on the seafrount for ten years, the first six years were fine, But the last four were like living in hell, The trouble at night time was too much so i moved up the road a bit.
    It was sad to move as i lived steps away from a super view.

Vandels Were about all night, You could hear the smashing of the Beach huts along the prom.
    I moved about two years ago, I do miss the old place, But i just could not bare it no more, When i phoned the police they would come hours later, when it was to late.
    Baz
    The idiosyncratic syntax of riddles interests me

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Poster
    I hear you guys. I live on the west coast of friendly, crime-free, everyone's there to lend a hand, Canada ..........riiiiight. But I've found that the best investment is a large dog. Preferrably a breed known for it's intelligence, keen sense of territory and loyalty. Also one that doesn't keep you awake all night barking at every leaf that falls off a tree ! My theory is; car thieves will pass by a vehicle with a steering wheel lock attached not because they can't deal with it, but cuz there's too many easier targets down the road. Why spend an extra few minutes and risk drawing attention, right? Well, burglars and such operate on the same basic principle......why bother alerting the entire neighborhood to their interest in the area by taking the chance that " Spike " may be willing to have a go at their ' jewels ' while they're trying to make off with yours !? The only catch is.....the punk bastards have to be convinced that the dog is not chained up or caged in and WILL be a serious pain in the balls if they go ahead with the plan. B)

7. Lounge   -   #7
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    ... I've found that the best investment is a large dog. Preferrably a breed known for it's intelligence, keen sense of territory and loyalty.
    I suggest a blue or red heeler.

They aint as big as some breeds, but DAMN are they intelligent!
    You probably won't find an easier to train or more loyal dog anywhere.

I live in a pretty notorious part of Australia, and every house on my street has been burgled at least once in the time I've lived here.

I lost $2000 worth of gaming gear when I first moved in to some THIEVIN S.O.B.
    who broke in through the back door.

We got ourselves a blue heeler and nobody has messed with our stuff since.
    She keeps the Jehova's witnesses away too... I consider this a bonus.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    bluedevil's Avatar Antileech.Inc
    i've got my 2 staffords running loose in my house so ill hope they try me

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by TheDave@4 July 2003 - 22:04
    i might have to make a trap or something . next time i might not be awake at 3am
    My webcam software has "motion detection" software that can trigger an audible alarm on my PC. Not only do you have the alarm, you also have a recorded video on your hard drive.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    bluedevil's Avatar Antileech.Inc
    Originally posted by Spindulik+5 July 2003 - 14:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Spindulik @ 5 July 2003 - 14:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheDave@4 July 2003 - 22:04
    My webcam software has "motion detection" software that can trigger an audible alarm on my PC. Not only do you have the alarm, you also have a recorded video on your hard drive. [/b][/quote]
    but what if your not at home and they take your pc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast