Thread: Stupid iTunes doesn't automatically update files in folders...

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    i just got an ipod 2 months ago.

i now understand y people hate iTunes.

i have my music on my laptop and on an external. when i get new music, i add it to the folder, and each time, i have to manually add the files into iTunes.

Winamp has a feature that automatically scans all synced folders at start of program for any changes. does iTunes have something like that?

i looked into it, and i found http://mp3.about.com/b/a/256781.htm

it kinda does the job, but i have to manually open the program every time and scan.

anyone know how to fix this??

also, can i just ditch iTunes and use winamp with my ipod? i'm afraid i won't be able to use album art anymore.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Couldn't you jsut click the MP3 file and it would import?
    and then in preferences (under advanced) select to "copy files over to itunes folder" and it would add the files to your folder automatically and import your music?
    I'm not sure how it works on windows, but it works just fine on mac like that.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    i could, but it should do it automatically. winamp does

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    What do you use to download? Bittorrent? Or P2P or something else?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    OK, so let me get this straight... With WinAmp, you get new music and move it to a synced folder and the prog auto-adds it to your library... OK... I don't get what the big whoop is. With iTunes, instead of moving it directly to the folder, drag the files INTO iTunes and will auto-import them into the library. It is up to you to decide, however, whether iTunes will copy the songs to its music folders or if you just want it to note where the song is.