Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: aXXoRelease.com Official DVDRip movie torrents from aXXo and the Scene

AugustoP's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    They just re-encode already encoded films basically.
    What do you mean?

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by AugustoP View Post
    What do you mean?
    They get an already released XVID basically.
    Like one Diamond or another group would do...
    then just re-encode it to axxo standards.

Real Encoding would be to at least get the DVD or even just the Vobs downloaded... then convert it to XVID or a differant format.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    iwaldo's Avatar Member
    aXXo suck.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvinmeow View Post
    Im guessing he thinks they are trying to somehow log ips of users who visit that page...

Personally I dont see how they can consider axxo a dvdrip group.

Call em what they are a re-code group.
    Kinda like CanalStreet, Camera, Rustlers, Neptune, and a bunch of other "scene" groups are as well.
    except that theyre not even re-encoded by scene standard

5. BitTorrent   -   #15

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    axxo says not to trust any websites with his name in it... download one of his recent torrents on demonoid and you will find the warning in his .nfo

@ 'best ripper'.

there really is no 'best' ripper. there are just people who know the right way to do it and people who don't. the epithet 'best' is usually ascribed to someone for an artistic or creative talent, like the 'best cracker', or the 'best chess player' or the 'best artist'. stuff like that. even though cracking, playing chess, or creating art has some orderly system to follow, it still is much less systematic than something like ripping a dvd.

so yeah, your being a sensationalist, which does not make the site look appealing. it looks like a(nother) scam. and that post being therock41's first (and probably only) post only makes this thread look more like an advertisement rather than a real discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by kaoblanco View Post
    I'm thinking four posts in this thread, 3 IPs. Just me?

Edit: Okay, J.A makes four...
    are you saying that therock41 and yangyang989 are the same person? that's funny. considering their post count (1 and 2 respectively) and yandyang989's approval and encouragement, I wouldn't doubt that.
    Last edited by Brenya; 09-14-2007 at 09:10 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvinmeow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AugustoP View Post
    What do you mean?
    They get an already released XVID basically.
    Like one Diamond or another group would do...
    then just re-encode it to axxo standards.

Real Encoding would be to at least get the DVD or even just the Vobs downloaded... then convert it to XVID or a differant format.
    I think aXXo uses scene DVDR releases and not xvid's. Their rips show up within a day of the DVDR being pre'd. So, if the DVDR has untouched video, it's fine. But most of em are DVD9's re-encoded and compressed to DVD5 which is again ripped to xvid's or wtever(remember checkin one of the rips in gspot a while back and it showed the codec used as dx50 and not xvid, dunno abt now), so it's safe to say that the quality would be inferior to a rip made from the uncompressed dvd9 (which is what the scene groups do, well atleast the good ones).

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by therock41 View Post
    http://www.axxorelease.com This site only has movie torrents but they are all verified before being displayed, so you can trust every torrent there! They have hundreds of movie torrents updated daily from Scene release groups and from the best DVD ripper out there, aXXo!
    i don't like sites that host torrents and don't give information about the tracker that they're on.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Where can I get a BitTorrent client?
    We recommend BitComet.

I even removed the BitComet link to keep anyone for falling for it from the F&Q.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    diamond owns the dvdrip scene

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast