Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone ever...

BANNED BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Everyone wants a quick start...thats why newbies PM senior members...If they go through the board and keep up with the rules,it would have been better.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    znik's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    I am not at all surprised with all these trackers' userbars you have as your signature Defy.

What's the purpose of all these userbars if not for show off?
    You draw attention and you face the result of it, which is spam pms for invites.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Cmon's Avatar on users.php
    Sometimes, but rarely happen, luckily
    not in here though
    Last edited by Cmon; 09-14-2007 at 07:53 PM.
    Know too much = bad
    My Ratio, Stats & Speed

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    10 HUT! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Hahaha right as I read this it happened to me for the first time.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Report any unsolicited PMs if you'd like.

If they're under a month, we would like to know about them.

yo

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Defy's Avatar Be Kind BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by znik View Post
    I am not at all surprised with all these trackers' userbars you have as your signature Defy.

You draw attention and you face the result of it, which is spam pms for invites.
    Oh I realize that...

But fact of the matter is I was asked to give an invite to a tracker that I don't even have a membership to, and I definitely don't display the userbars to sites that I'm not a part of.

I just found it weird was all, and was curious to know if others get the same random PMs.

I saved the msgs in my inbox and looking at them again it appears neither have ever made a single post and both are now disabled. Problem solved!

I wonder what tomorrow will bring.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by znik View Post

Defy's sig is sweet, though. I think a few PMs is worth it.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    znik's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    I recall another case of a member with a U*** userbar as his signature who kept on receiving tons of spam pms due to that (until he removed it).
    The funny thing was that he was not even a member there. He just thought he would look cool with that!

They ask even for different tracker invites than these you have on your signature, hoping that you will have them too since you seem to them as an account collector.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Defy View Post
    I wonder what tomorrow will bring.
    A PM from me.

So you'd better run, quick.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12