Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how to use mIRC to download?

Squizzle's Avatar (""\(O.o)/"")
    Maybe you are placed in a queue? Did the bot reply?

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Squizzle View Post
    Maybe you are placed in a queue? Did the bot reply?
    I have no clue. It goes so fast and i don't know how to read the commands.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    If you're in a queue (which is most likely) then it'll usually come up in a different colour from the bot and tell you how long you have to wait etc., to tell the truth it's been years since I xdcc'd, I started torrenting and never looked back ;-)

Stick with it if you have the patience, but there are better ways out there to get your files.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Squizzle View Post
    If you're in a queue (which is most likely) then it'll usually come up in a different colour from the bot and tell you how long you have to wait etc., to tell the truth it's been years since I xdcc'd, I started torrenting and never looked back ;-)

Stick with it if you have the patience, but there are better ways out there to get your files.

I do use torrents but i just wanted to try IRC but i could never learn how to use it. A few years ago i went into the chat of IRC the commands are terrible i could not understand a thing so i left and never went back. If i make a post in the torrent section about the different torrent sites there is, will you reply?

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    IRC is one of the oldest protocols on the internet, it's not a glamorous IM client or downloading program.

There's a fat load of torrent trackers out there, jump on one and grab your movie.

I can't guarantee I will reply, but sure, knock yourself out.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    OK,

For some reason why can't i download with mIRC? What am i not doing right? I really really want to use IRC to download. Will someone please help me?

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    I kinda tried already dude, you're using the right command so provided that your DCCs aren't disabled in mIRC (which I already mentioned) then there's no reason why you can't download other than the bot you're trying to download from is busy. Try lots of different channels and packs and see if you get any results. You can sit in a queue for days on end to download things from public xdcc bots.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Ac3Dunk's Avatar S.O.P-Laf BT Rep: +5
    If he set in queue he is gonna get a msg mentions thats he is status is in waiting, anyway im familiar with /CTCP cmd its easy just msg the bot and accept it it will be open in a new windows turn on your /fserve +sc on 59 before you msg the bot after that in the new window type LIST and if the bot list folder you hav to type CD the name of the folder if it list some random format like .avi or .CBR ..... you type Get the filename thats it if you dont bother PM me the name of the IRC channel and i will help you out.
    #zEdit; FST is bad, it's like drugs. Mkay?

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Damm i havent used Mirc to download ina long time...

10. File Sharing   -   #20

Hi guys! sorry to highjack this thread.
    If you're having trouble downloading from Mirc, why not try out my new program, DCC Manager V1.5 (IRC XDCC Download Client). The program is really easy to use with just a single click and downloading begins, works with packetnews and ircklipper!
    DCC Manager has support for over 3 gig files, automatic nickserv handling and IDENT server to name a few features

Anyway check it out! let me know what you think

http://www.hashdesign.co.uk/DCCManag...%20Manager.msi

Cheers!

Chris.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12