Thread: K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 3.4.5

Retired
    K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of VFW/ACM codecs, DirectShow filters and tools. Codecs and DirectShow filters are needed for encoding and decoding (playing) audio and video formats. The K-Lite Codec Pack is designed as a user-friendly solution for playing all your movie files. With the K-Lite Codec Pack you should be able to play all the popular audio and video formats and even several less common formats.

The K-Lite Codec Pack has a couple of major advantages compared to other codec packs:

* It it always very up-to-date with the newest and/or best components.
    * All components have been carefully selected. It is not just a random bunch of stuff thrown together.
    * It is very user-friendly and easy to use.
    * The installation is fully customizable, meaning that you are able to only install those components that you really want.
    * For some formats a choice can be made during installation between different filters. This allows you to tweak the pack to your own specific needs and preferences.
    * Uninstallation removes everything that was installed by the pack. Including all registry keys.
    * It is extremely easy to make a fully customized unattended installation with the integrated wizard.
    * It has been very well tested. The pack doesn't contain any conflicting or buggy codecs.
    * It tries to avoid potential conflicts with other codecs already installed on your computer.
    * The pack is able to detect broken codecs and filters on your system, and helps you to remove them.
    * It is a very complete package, containing everything you need to play your movies.
    * This pack has a huge user base. This means that problems are found and resolved quickly.
    * Suitable for both novice and expert users.

The K-Lite Mega Codec Pack combines the contents of these two packs:

* K-Lite Codec Pack Full
    * Real Alternative

Changelog 3.4.0 -> 3.4.5 | (2007-09-14)

* Added support for Windows 98/ME/NT4 (only in this version)
    * Updated Media Player Classic to version 6.4.9.1
    * Fixed three recently discoved security vulnerabilities in Media Player Classic
    * Updated ffdshow to revision 1475
    * Updated Gabest AVI splitter
    * Re-added DirectVobSub 2.33
    * Updated Codec Tweak Tool
    * Better handling of files that are 'in use' during installation. Such files will be replaced during next reboot.
    * Minor changes

Homepage: http://www.codecguide.com/
    Changelog: http://www.codecguide.com/changelogs_mega.htm

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    y is quicktime not in mega anymore?

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by abu_has_the_power View Post
    y is quicktime not in mega anymore?
    ask apple.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    man k-light mega pack is all i use. i just love windows media player classic. it's good to see them upgrading.

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Thanks IKE , can always count on you for updates .

6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    Racket's Avatar Retired
    damn "major" packs!!! argh!! sorry, been drinking. i had to uninstall ffshow crap earlier. thank god for spelling check!

7. News (Archive)   -   #7
    I prefer the "FinalCodecs" package which can be found on ThePirateBay. It's got pretty much all the current MPEG2 decoders and related stuff, along with a handy dandy switcher so you can try all of them, different splitters, different everything if some media file won't play.

Not particularly beautiful, but damn if the functionality can be matched.

8. News (Archive)   -   #8
    meshcalge
    Thanks