Thread: How to use Emule without a router?

Hi,

How do i use Emule without a router but just with a cable modem? Is there any sites i need to go to for downloading just like what i do with BitTorrents? With BitTorrent i go to a site and download the torrent file then i load it into my client. Is Emule the same way? How do i not share using Emule the files i downloaded? Only the files i download i want to share. Not where i have to upload to share. Just what people are downloading and sharing at the same time and that's all. Where do i download Emule from?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    You shouldn't have to configure anything if you are using Emule without a router. With Emule there is a search function in the client, but you can also get links from websites. I usually like to find a site that has the stuff that I want and click on links. Also Emule should auto share anything you download. There's tons of emule mods available. I like MorphXT.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Skipinder View Post
    You shouldn't have to configure anything if you are using Emule without a router. With Emule there is a search function in the client, but you can also get links from websites. I usually like to find a site that has the stuff that I want and click on links. Also Emule should auto share anything you download. There's tons of emule mods available. I like MorphXT.
    Thank you. By any chance is eMule compatible with Vista? I don't think it is because it keeps freezing my system on me.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by php111 View Post
    Hi,

How do i use Emule without a router but just with a cable modem? Is there any sites i need to go to for downloading just like what i do with BitTorrents? With BitTorrent i go to a site and download the torrent file then i load it into my client. Is Emule the same way? How do i not share using Emule the files i downloaded? Only the files i download i want to share. Not where i have to upload to share. Just what people are downloading and sharing at the same time and that's all. Where do i download Emule from?
    1. Without a router its as simple as starting the client. I would certainly enable the windows firewall if you are doing this and disable windows printer/filesharing protocols within network settings. As well as netbios in the DHCP settings. If you are not part of a windows network it wouldnt hurt to disable/remove the windows networking component either. With the firewall enabled be sure to allow the proper emule ports open if prompted.

2. Emule has built in server lists and file searching using both servers and the KAD networks. Just use the search options to find what you are looking for.

3. Emule also has the ability to import links just like torrent files. There are threads in this site that list some popular sites with emule links. With these links you will often have better luck not downloading fake files. If your email client is running clicking on the link should add that file to your emule downloads.

4. If you just want to leech files and not upload what you have already downloaded - not very nice to do ;( I would recommend that you move completed files from your download directory into another location.
    Last edited by riff; 10-25-2007 at 05:24 PM.