Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: middlemen trading

Seems pretty safe. It would be nice if people had more respect for themselves and the process of invites by not scamming anyone.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    how about each trader opens a new email account and lets the middleman have access to it. the middleman changes the pw on both email accounts and waits till each invite arrives. as soon as both invites are in the email, the mm gives back the passwords to the traders, so they can activate their account.
    however, it would also be good if the middleman is a member on both sites that are traded to check out if both accounts are confirmed, right?
    Last edited by Polarbear; 09-16-2007 at 04:04 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    dbmp's Avatar ubuntu <3 BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Don't trade.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    i lost all my oink invites because i invited a cheat (poweruser with excellent tracker references at ti, gave away many invites himself). he cheated after being a member for 2 month there.

i was really pissed and thought: "not only did i get nothing back from giving away invites for free. now i lose invites because of it."

i gave away up to 40 invites and accounts for free and i was really thinking: i'm through with this. let's trade and get something back.

but now i made up my mind and came to the conclusion that trading might also not be a good solution because of many reasons. the more people don't trade, the more invites will be free.

so i will continue to give away invites and accounts for free when i have some. i'm sure, that fst is a community that will appreciate it and i will benefit from it.

so dmp, don't worry. i won't trade

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    scribble's Avatar Emma Watson <3 BT Rep: +2
    polarbear, that's the best thing i've ever heard
    Emma Watson is Beautiful!

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Great news polarbear, as even SgtMajor has said (don't worry you'll run into him soon enough lol) it gives you a better feeling to have earned the invites, when you finally have the account, rather than trading to get something because you want it now!
    If you make friends in the torrent community and become respected then, people who have the invites will trust you and invite you, and in the meantime you get to meet some new online friends, in the end after you have grabbed the latest R5 release 2mins 14sec after pre a few times then the community becomes more important to you anyway.

Good luck and have fun

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12