Thread: portforward help !!

treat me gently on this ! i have a main pc with a router attached and i have my own pc with the adapter attached. which pc do i do portforwarding on, which one needs a static address set up ? i am asking this because i keep getting a warning on my pc (with the adapter) saying a port is blocked so my downloads are restricted. i have all kinds of portforwarding guides but they dont make it clear as to which pc you need to sort out. thanks for any advise !

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    You need to set the router to forward the relevant ports to the computer that you are getting the warnings on.

/moved from Guides to Filesharing as it's not a guide and a comprehensive portforwarding guide would take up a whole site... like www.portforward.com or something.
    Last edited by Chewie; 09-16-2007 at 08:25 AM.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    I'm back! :o BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Quote Originally Posted by spango tobson View Post
    treat me gently on this ! i have a main pc with a router attached and i have my own pc with the adapter attached. which pc do i do portforwarding on, which one needs a static address set up ? i am asking this because i keep getting a warning on my pc (with the adapter) saying a port is blocked so my downloads are restricted. i have all kinds of portforwarding guides but they dont make it clear as to which pc you need to sort out. thanks for any advise !
    You need to setup the static on the one with the cable attached. At least with linksys, Thats how it works. I can only run mine though the main comp to config because the laptop wont open the settings stuff.

As chewy said, Go to www.portforward.com and find your router, Somewhere in the section of port forwarding should be another link, Which gives all the info for setting the static IP too.