Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vampire Book Lovers...

ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    Anyone interested in Vampires and such should check out Brian Lumley and his Necroscope Series, very, very good. Here is a LINK to Brian's site and pages regarding the Necroscope series. Cold war Spies, History, ESP and just about anything else you can think of is covered in his series. Had me enthralled from the first paragraph and through-out the series, brilliantly written and well crafted.

Harry Keogh. To use an old adage, "the man, the myth, the legend."

Spanning thirteen volumes, Harry is intertwined in every one, whether it be as himself, his sons, or even Alec Kyle. You can't forget him, nor do you want to. Have some time to kill? Jump through a doorway into the vast world of the Necroscope. Oops...I haven't even mentioned the Wamphyri...but you'll find out about them soon enough.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    More pic of his series of books.

I cannot say enough about this series of books, they are probably the most brilliantly detailed and contrived collection of books in a single series. They span thousands of years and just about every topic from dating through death.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Hm. I'll see if the my library has em available.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Dude - I have been looking for another decent vampire novelist forever - heard of Lumley but had no idea what he wrote about. A whole new series!- whoo-hoo! I hope they're good.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Originally posted by tianup@9 May 2003 - 02:34
    Dude - I have been looking for another decent vampire novelist forever - heard of Lumley but had no idea what he wrote about.  A whole new series!- whoo-hoo!  I hope they're good.
    Totally awesome in my opinion and those I know who have read them also. Please read the first one and post back, so others will know what you thought. I have never read anything as enthralling or captivating as this series is, if you love being whisked away to other worlds or times and being able to manifest your own visualizations as with any reading you will love this series, no doubt in my mind.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    how about anne rice ,intrerview with a vampire and le stat are ace.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Originally posted by googledancer@9 May 2003 - 11:29
    how about anne rice ,intrerview with a vampire and le stat are ace.
    Better in my opinion. Not to say those were not fine, this series is just too amazing, honestly freaking amazing.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Cool - the first one is "Neroscope" right? I just need to finish what I'm reading now, but will go pick it up today and start ASAP. I might not be able to wait until I finish this one (it's short though).

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Originally posted by tianup@9 May 2003 - 11:49
    Cool - the first one is "Neroscope" right? I just need to finish what I'm reading now, but will go pick it up today and start ASAP. I might not be able to wait until I finish this one (it's short though).
    Yes, I listed them in exact order left to right. Please make sure to come back and post a reply when you finish the first, and please make sure to repeat after each one, I think that may help steer some of our peers in the right direction when it comes to this type of genre, nothing beats these, honest. And no I am not the author, just an avid fan.

Please do go and check out the authors website HERE!

and make sure to check out the Necroscope section HERE!

EDIT: Typo

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Thanks ShareDaddy. Will make sure to post a review as soon as I finish. I've read some other reviews of his stuff, and am very excited to get started....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast