Thread: Offshore Isp's

The recent RIAA decisions led me to check out offshore ISP's. If the RIAA decision can only force ISP's who are on the mainland of the US to reveal users, then why not use the services of an offshore ISP? I found one located in the Bahamas that appears to be on the up and up. See:

http://www.future.bs/Default.asp.

Does anyone have an opinion on this? Also, for
    any legal eagles out there, does the use of an offshore ISP limit the p2p user's culpability?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    yea, i dont think that they can catch you if you use a offshore isp but wouldnt it be pretty damn slow?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    DarkBlizzard's Avatar Poster
    But then dont u gotta get Satelite connection .....cuz its no in the country....and also...fuck the RIAA...download Peer Guardian....right now i have 52,389,104 IP Address's blocked. I have caught the RIAA twice today trying to search my comp and the fbi once.

EDIT: now it just caught someone else trying to search me also....MPAA i think.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    DarkBlizzard's Avatar Poster
    Here is what Peer Guardian just said twice...

"Connection forcefully closed on: 81.4.78.5 - MPAA (incl. MPAA.NL) "

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    Where can you get more IPs for Peer Guardian? Thanks

An offshore ISP sounds like a good idea. But wouldn't it be slower and less reliable? Also, what would you do if you needed tech support...?

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Speedwayinternet claims that they can supply a DSL quality signal. I don't think that satellite is necessary. I assume the service is delivered va a telephone line which is going to be slower than a cable modem signal.

I agree with Darkblizzard that Peerguardian is going to help. But, I like the shotgun approach...........use everything that can help (firewall, anonymizer, anti-virus, etc.).

Having an offshore ISP rather than a local group will mean tech support is going to be limited. As far as reliability, who knows?