Thread: internal Wireless lan cannot detect the router...

kirktrix's Avatar Killing Zone BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Good day,

Im having a problem regarding the computer of my new hot chick Chinese coworker....the internet wireless LAN cannot detect the router.. she is using Atheros AR5006x Wireless LAN and we are using buffalo WHR-HP-G54 router... she is the only one that cannot connect to the router... Any help pls.... Thanks in advance..
    "Death is the result of weakness. The strong are the only ones who survive."

“I am prepared to die, but there is no cause for which I am prepared to kill.”

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    Well, we alllll wanna help when it comes to hot Chinese chick coworkers kirk, so....

These tips are assuming u have xp-
    It sounds like dhcp is disabled on her computer. But it often does not get like that unless someone puts it like that. You can go into tcp/ip properties and look for the dhcp checkbox somewhere in there. This is done on her computer.

If that doesn't work, I would start by opening a command prompt on a computer that CAN access the router and is currently connected to the internet, and type "ipconfig /all" at the command prompt. Then write down the subnet mask, default gateway(the router's ip address), and the dhcp server address. Then you have values to use, if you(should need) to manually set up the connection on her computer in tcp/ip properties.

Then try to ping the router from HER computer, at the command prompt, using the value for "default gateway" you got from the previous step. You would type "ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" except the x's will be numbers. Many times, iirc, for a linksys router it will be 192.168.10.1 or similar. If the pings go through at all, after trying a few times (it will say in milliseconds the response time), then you have established a pathway/connection to the router, so the problem is not with the wireless signal.

good luck
    Last edited by MediaSlayer; 09-18-2007 at 08:12 AM.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    kirktrix's Avatar Killing Zone BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    OK i will try all your suggestion...Hopefully it will work.... I have a hard time fixing it because of the Xp installed it is in Chinese language and i don't understand Chinese... Thanks for your help.....
    "Death is the result of weakness. The strong are the only ones who survive."

“I am prepared to die, but there is no cause for which I am prepared to kill.”

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    Maybe your internet wireless LAN is old model (have only "802.11b" standard) and the router works with "802.11g" standard. Take a look and good luck ... with the co-worker of course