Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We're F*****

Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Basicly.. since people can program in windows, software is crackable.

Hardware is a good example of uncrackable stuff. (cant download a faster graphics card lol)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Originally posted by Wolfmight@7 July 2003 - 19:47
    Hardware is a good example of uncrackable stuff. (cant download a faster graphics card lol)
    uhmmmm........... there workin on that 2..........

dunno y a manufaturer would want that though.......... ud have an illgal copy of an intell processor...........
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    If MS does decide to try this again with SP-2 , they had better put a bit more thought into it.
    It only takes a slight registry edit to neuter the OOBE Timer.

Once that is done, there are no time limits.

Add a previously registered key(hope you saved one) and you're back up and running legit.

The registered key is what all of you using an integrated SP-1 XP corporate won't have when the time comes.

If you haven't installed SP-1 normally and hacked the OOBE timer to get a legitimate product key, then you still have an unregistered product.

When the next SP comes out with even tougher checks, I'll have the product key that was generated and verified by MS during registration (even though I did the registration myself)

One that's been fully recognised for error reports, and other support.

If you're not getting that now, then you aren't registered and your key is not legit for anything other than installing XP.

No future updates if they detect your key!

Future service packs might even delete that key after install if it hasn't been registered.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I dont think anything on a PC will be 100% unbreakable.. they are too opensource.

Gatta have a Solid Steel Box that you connot open.(take to a manufacturer to open it and stuff lol)

Then Windows would have to also be the same.. (maybe physical locks on the hd that pervent users from accessing certain areas ... example: the read-on lock on a floppy disk ya know..)

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    BANNED
    we will work something out

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Whatever is created by man will be destroyed by man...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    chalkmongoose
    A couple of comments about the 'improved' security in XP.
    I think Microsoft actually has a good chance of getting rid of piracy in the next few years COMPLETELY.

First of all, I'd like to point out a company called GetRight, who makes a program that is EXTREMELY hard to crack. They're a very small company, with little financial resources, and they've made quite a secure program.
    All they do is happily accept your pirated key, and then an hour later, it is found to be denied by the server, and you cannot register again for 24 hours.
    For some reason, that tiny company forced me to send them 30 bucks (and I did try to avoid that), but Microsoft (to my happy delight) has managed to provide such crappy security that I've avoided sending them thousands of dollars.
    I own 98. I "borrowed" 98SE, 98, 3.1, 2.0, 1.0, ME, 2000 Pro, NT, XP Home, XP Pro and Longhorn.
    Wow, great track record for MS. For some reason, they've managed to screw up royally, and boy have they dropped the ball.

But, if Gates would get off his piles of money, he could easily do something like GetRight.

His security alithgorims need a bit of updating, he needs a centralized server to check codes, but dammit, I'm getting pissed off.
    It INSULTS me that someone like Gates can run a billion dollar enterprise and let so much money slip through their fingers, and yet a company like Getright, who needs to struggle to make ends meet, creates an extremely nice program, secures it very well, and still makes jack shit.

I'm moving to Bolivia.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Poster
    Originally posted by Storm+7 July 2003 - 22:40--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Storm &#064; 7 July 2003 - 22:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Wolfmight@7 July 2003 - 19:47
    uhmmmm........... there workin on that 2..........

dunno y a manufaturer would want that though.......... ud have an illgal copy of an intell processor........... [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;d really like to see some real information on that project. I&#39;m no genius, but I can&#39;t see how it would be currently possible, and commercially viable, to alter physical hardware architecture with 1s and 0s.

Unless by "workin on that" you mean "it&#39;ll be ready in 300 years", then yeah, I can swallow that...

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    Originally posted by balamm
    The registered key is what all of you using an integrated SP-1 XP corporate won&#39;t have when the time comes.

If you haven&#39;t installed SP-1 normally and hacked the OOBE timer to get a legitimate product key, then you still have an unregistered product.
    The corporate versions are designed to be "unregistered", as you put it, or un"Activated" as Microsoft
    puts it.
    A corporate disc, bought through a licensed Microsoft reseller, is intended for use in large-scale OS
    deployment. To make these products require the online activation that a typical retail version does
    would be overly burdensome for corporations, schools, etc. with a large number of systems.

Instead, Microsoft sells them an Open License, which allows them to purchase a license for
    as many copies of the product as they will need. Then the corporation buys the "Standard Media"
    disc, and recives a copy of their license agreement, along with their Volume License Product Keys.
    The company can then use that key to install as many copies of the specified OS, Application, etc.
    as they are licensed for. They can even install it on more machines than they&#39;re licensed for,
    but then they&#39;re breaking the law.

Anyway, the point is, they can&#39;t require these versions of Windows to be Activated. They would
    be shutting out corporate customers. All Microsoft did with SP1 was a little research to find
    out which 3 keys we&#39;re being used to install most pirated copies. These were never valid
    Volume License Product Keys anyway, so no companies got hurt. SP1 would perform a check
    of your Keys&#39; hash prior to install, if it matched one of the three (the FCKGW being one),
    then the upgrade was denied.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    Originally posted by Wolfmight@7 July 2003 - 11:47
    Basicly.. since people can program in windows, software is crackable.

Hey i just thought of something can cards be crackable? Then we could get free credits on our playdium cards (Playdium is an arcade that uses rechargable cards if you ask me it&#39;s a waste of plastic)
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast