Thread: ****WARNING****MS confirms that accounts will be frozen even if you avoid online play

When contacted by Pro-G a Microsoft rep confirmed rumours that gamers who play Halo 3 early will have their LIVE accounts banned. Simply not connecting to the internet doesn't appear to be a solution either. The rep also confirmed that Microsoft is able to ban accounts based on information collected by the console which shows when the game was played. This news is sure to come as a shock to some gamers who have already started playing the final chapter in the blockbuster Halo trilogy.

This appears to suggest that games who play Halo 3 before the official street date will only avoid a ban if they never access Xbox LIVE. Microsoft is preparing an official statement on the Halo 3 banning scandal. We'll give you more on this breaking news story as we get it.

http://www.pro-g.co.uk/news/19-09-2007-6492.html

OH CRAP! NOW WHAT?

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    such a pile of balls! simple, new account, take out hardrive, take out ethernet cable. BUT that shouldn't matter, I've had games a good full month before release and nothing said to me, so they are talking shit. Plus check xbox official forums, there are people playing it right now with the bungie staff.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    I am reading a lot of posts (on fire) in another forum. I will keep you guys posted and please do the same once you get a copy in hand so we can compare and find out if this is complete shit or not! Keep posting people, its the only way to know what MS is up to.

Thanks!

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Meh - they cant ban everyone who plays it early, thousands of people already have it, Argos broke deadline today and let loads of people buy it.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by PieFachE View Post
    Meh - they cant ban everyone who plays it early, thousands of people already have it, Argos broke deadline today and let loads of people buy it.
    what what what??? argos as in UK argos? becuase if so I'm going down to get it right now!

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    AnnaDea
    Oh please people. A release date is a release date. They are doing right to ban accounts for playing it earlier. Isnīt bad enough that we are playing it for free it first place? Show some distance please.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPirate View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PieFachE View Post
    what what what??? argos as in UK argos? becuase if so I'm going down to get it right now!
    Nope earlier today, you could make a reservation and pick it up today. Closed now tho...

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    true!!! if a stealth patched version gets uploaded ms couldnt start 2 ban accounts coz i know someone who already bin playing a retail pal copy. i alread have a banned console so id be playin on thet! any news on a region free backup on usenet yet?

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    the 'stealth patched video' one is apparently region free. Well I hope anyways.