Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: average age of private tracker members and staff

When you're receiving multiple mass mailings to your tracker inbox asking you to ignore the other mailings and listen to THIS one, the age range of the staff is very apparent.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    AugustoP's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by rvt View Post
    Average age of revolt staff, probably somewhere around 40 - 45.
    Average age of the members, was somewhere around 25 - 30 until recently.
    That makes me wonder why kids want the invite so badly.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Quote Originally Posted by vobilli View Post
    When you're receiving multiple mass mailings to your tracker inbox asking you to ignore the other mailings and listen to THIS one, the age range of the staff is very apparent.

mhmm

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    when i was 13 i was into computers as well. playing with my c64 and a datasette

let's assume nowadays a 13yo runs a tracker with 100.000 members, moderates forums and handles donations. would that be ok with you?

for me personally it wouldn't be a problem as long as the job is done in a proper way.

BUT: if it comes to content, i sort of doubt that my taste will match the taste of those kids. especially when it comes to music and movies. so i would probably prefer a tracker for more mature audience.
    Last edited by Polarbear; 09-20-2007 at 11:19 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    I don't know of any sites that are actually run by 13 year olds. Think of the practicalities....how do they pay for the servers....how do they set up a paypal account for donations. Is it possible to have a bunch of 13 year olds running a tracker....I think not.

And what AugustoP said about revolt is very true. Whilst there is a good range of ages there, those that are still kids will find no common ground there and it is not the place for them.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    deleted
    Last edited by Polarbear; 09-20-2007 at 12:49 PM. Reason: found the answer

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    The staff on my site at the moment ranges between 16 (I Beleive is the youngest... he was 14 however when he first became a staff member.) and the oldest that I can think of is about 39-40ish I think. I beleive the average age of our staff runs between 20 - 30 yrs old..
    I dont really pick staff members based on age/gender its more based on their activity/knowledge and experience.

I myself just turned 26 recently. Ive been running trackers in general since I was about 21 (If I recall correctly) I was running stuff on irc/other methods of filesharing prior to that as well.

I beleive the average age of users in general on my site is between 20 - 30 as well.
    But thats just a guess I dont really ask many people for their age.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Swax's Avatar n00blet
    I think the physical age of someone is irrelevant, it is their maturity online that matters.

You can have a 17yr old who handles situations with a coolhead, and you can have a 40yr old who gets hot headed everytime someone insults his wife/gf/kids.

I think staff members have to be able to handle criticism and difficult situations well, it's a person's online persona that defines how well they can do that, although some would say physical age helps due to past experience.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    SiNa's Avatar Lucid Dreaming BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    i think mostly that active users ranges from 15-17 to about 35. under 15 and over 35 is kinda rare. if a poll on a tracker was made about this then that would be good. at least its more interesting to know than "did you enjoy our pokemon week" wtf

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    ADELA's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    from my exp ive seen staff that range from 16-21 with some floating around 25-28.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast