Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: average age of private tracker members and staff

From the recent discussions I have been seeing and from chats on most of the top trackers IRC networks I estimate that the average age is around 15 years old and the maturity level certainly isn't there.

Just my two cents.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Poster BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Quote Originally Posted by seanbee View Post
    From the recent discussions I have been seeing and from chats on most of the top trackers IRC networks I estimate that the average age is around 15 years old and the maturity level certainly isn't there.

Just my two cents.
    Yeah thats known fact about IRC chats

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    I was actually quite surprised when I qlued onto the fact that many tracker admins are pretty young. I had always imagined they where in my age group (19-30) when in fact some are much younger than my younger brother But I think you can tell on a tracker the age of the staff by the maturity of the forums and the general feel of the site. For example FSC seems to have a more mature feel to it than some other sites.

I don't think age matters much though as long as the code is secure and the staff can be trusted with your information than imo it's all good.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Well, i have been filesharing for quite some time. I guess longer then a lot of staff has been walking.

Back in the day of 2400 bps modems and bbs's

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by seppypom View Post
    Well, i have been filesharing for quite some time. I guess longer then a lot of staff has been walking.

Back in the day of 2400 bps modems and bbs's
    Ah, the days of C64 & Amiga releases and actually downloading intros!

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    Ah, the days of C64 & Amiga releases and actually downloading intros!
    memories - we had our own cracking service. how cool was it to finally have an intro with text scrolling on the whole screen on the c64.

i'm like old

filesharing in those days was bringing two huge boxes of 5.25 floppy disks to your friends house.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    But I think you can tell on a tracker the age of the staff by the maturity of the forums and the general feel of the site. For example FSC seems to have a more mature feel to it than some other sites.
    I think this is so true abotu FSC ... I think the staff is older and most of the members are in mid-twenties too ...

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Sexeh BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    FTN's staff ranges from 18-old.. I say old because Zlo is too ancient for me to embarrass

I'm 22, guess you could say thats the average age of our staff (excluding z-dog)

edit: true about FSC's staff being old Although some are around my age, but the founders and thus general attitude there is very mature because of it. Just thought I'd share that from my staffing experience there. If you want a tracker that you can feel secure in the attitude area, I would give FSC 5/5 stars. Only person I've seen act a bit immature was Retro, but I would probably pin that to being stressed which he seemed to be at the time due to working conditions.
    Last edited by Brandon; 09-21-2007 at 05:32 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    I'm 18, SCC's staff are around 18 - 25.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Vidde's Avatar Wubalicious <3 BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    The average rate on staffers @ NB is 24.6 I belive. I am 23 myself, but I've seen lots of really young staffers being high up, and the worst part is that some sceners are -really- young.. :/ Damn kids ^^

Cheers
    -Vidde

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast