can someone explain to me
    what usenet mean?
    what its benifits and whats it?
    how can i get it?
    prices?
    all things about usenet
    thnx

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    to be perfectly honest, if your happy with BT then stick. usenet means money, and not that much faster (depending on which sites your on with torrents atm).
    but then agian, there are good guides out there (slyck.com)

to be perfectly honest, if your happy with BT then stick. usenet means money, and not that much faster (depending on which sites your on with torrents atm).
    but then agian, there are good guides out there (slyck.com)

or do a search on here
    Last edited by n33raj; 09-20-2007 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    BANNED BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by lapc View Post
    can someone explain to me
    what usenet mean?
    what its benifits and whats it?
    how can i get it?
    prices?
    all things about usenet
    thnx
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-newsgroups-79/

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    BANNED BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    usenet is a news groups some kinda of server but must of them are paying for usenet access usenet is preety good very fast speeds you don`t have to seed buy you have to pay btw bit torrent is for me better because they are free also fast in some trackers and much better pre time than usenet...and prices are in giganewz abt 20$ per month unlimited ofcourse and if you will use usenet use a alt.binz program for downloading nzb usenet files that program is free and it is best for me but better to stick with torrents if you ask me

btw you have asked in wrong zone
    Last edited by PirateEagle; 09-20-2007 at 12:11 PM.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    lapc's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    thnx guys for that

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    what does usenet get? Say a scene came out of "Everybody loves Raymond" and there is 5 discs dvd-rs to be uploaded. Is it 100% that it would be on usenet?

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Oh yes

Much more TV DVDRs on usenet, and with giganews they are there for 6 months, you don't need seeders and you don't have to seed back, speed is shit hot, and it is not much more expensive than supporting trackers, and usenet is sometimes faster at scene DVDRs than trackers.

All the games for all the platforms are there just as quick as trackers, in fact most times I can grab from usenet and seed to trackers before the number of seeders has gone into double figures!

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Usenet + oink

Thats all u need!

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    /Moved

yo

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    Anyone that would say that torrents are on the same level as Usenet is obviously ignorant to the topic.

First, as to pretimes.
    If you wait on an NZB file to be posted your already behind the game. Scene releases are on Usenet just as soon or faster than torrent sites. The stuff all comes for the same dump sites, it's just a matter of someone grabbing it and posting it in a public place.

Some of the pluses of Usenet vs. Torrents:
    Speed - Full speed of your connection all the time!

No Seeding - You don't seed, and you don't need anyone to seed for you. Your downloads are guaranteed. This also means that ridiculously large download are now in your grasp (i.e. last night while I slept I downloaded seasons 1 and 2 of Prison Break - 13 DVDs 65GBs!!! Lets see someone use a torrentsite to do that. lol).

Retention - Files stay on Usenet for 100+ days. At anytime, any file(s) can be download at full speed, guaranteed completion.

No MPAA/RIAA- I'm not connecting to any other people. If I don't connect to the MPAA/RIAA, or their spies they can't bust me. Can't catch what you can't see!!!

No Torrent Sites or their staff to deal with. I hate the holier than thou attitude that some of those places had. I'd rather shell out cash than kiss ass any day. Plus the first time the MPAA/RIAA comes knocking at the door they fold.

In the most basic terms.
    Lets say you are driving to work and there is two roads.

Road "A" (Usenet) is a toll road. You pay a nickel or two and you don't have to worry about a speed limit, there's no cops on the road. If your car can go as fast as your car can handle. There's also no traffic on the road. And it's also freshly paved.

Road "B" (torrents) is a "regular" road. There is a speed limit determined by how many people also want to use the road. There is also the possibility of traffic jams that could take hours to go through. There is also the possibility that cops in unmarked cars can catch you at any time and give you a ticket just for being on the road. And on top of all that there is no guarantee you will even get to where you are going, depending on the other people on the road.

I think I'd rather pay.
    Last edited by Broken; 09-21-2007 at 05:28 AM.