Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATT yahoo DSL power / eliter 3mb/6mbps - YOUR OPINION

embolism's Avatar Anti abuse COP!! BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Having comcast and them squeezing my UPLOADs neck and me using friends T1 network to buffer my accounts is tiring. If anybody in US has used ATT-yahoo DSL connection - either power or elite user (3mbps or 6mbps down speed) have any experience - how is their upload speed (torrents)..costs $ 24 or $34 / month. Im planning to switch. Any opions are appreciated, thanks y'all.
    BELIEVE ME- COMCAST SQUEEZES UPLOADS ...ESP AROUND WHERE I LIVE!!!! WHAT EVER YOU READ ABOUT IT IS VERY VERY TRUE.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    but it is only in certain (problem or testing) areas that comcast is doing this. I've seen no throttling and I've had no trouble dling all I can handle.
    This doesn't mean it isn't happening, or that it won't eventually be everywhere, but for now, its not.
    I'm holding out for fiber, but it seems I may be waiting a while. I would also love to hear reviews for att dsl.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    embolism's Avatar Anti abuse COP!! BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Here is what I have noticed with Comcast. The upload is fine when you are actively downloading that file, once your download is completed...the upload fallsssss...to 1 kbps!!! inspite of having plenty of Peers!! amazing ha!!
    Now I take the same file and use it with my friends T1 network and zoom..the upload flies. I am kind of tired of bothering my friend too much..you know one can ask and get so much...so was trying to get a new ISP.
    Any weblinks on when fiber might come out (north texas area)..
    Meantime looking for cost effective ISP..currently shelling $42/m for CUMcast hehe

Really need some help/ advice here guys...nebody in US with ATT dsl
    Last edited by embolism; 09-20-2007 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Try cox or verizon.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Neither serves my area

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    I know I've read that comcast is big time guilty of p2p throttling but that p2p encryption helps. Sorry I don't know your area but those are some of the largest providers in the country.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I've had both and currently have elite. The speeds are constant with both.With the pro I could upload constantly around 40kbps and with the elite I can steady 80kbps. As for downloads I can maximize those as well with elite i can see download speeds in the 600kbps.Pro was in the 300's.So for the money elite is the way to go.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Thank you for the answer.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    no problem, i wouldnt trade my elite service for anything but fios

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    The comcast one level higher ISP service (so called 8mbps/750kbps) gives me steady 80kbps upload on u torrent. It costs $52/m. Compared to Elite which costs $34/m. Now using Azureus - will that increase the uploads compared to u torrent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast