Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ATT yahoo DSL power / eliter 3mb/6mbps - YOUR OPINION

Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by embolism View Post
    Here is what I have noticed with Comcast. The upload is fine when you are actively downloading that file, once your download is completed...the upload fallsssss...to 1 kbps!!! inspite of having plenty of Peers!! amazing ha!!
    Now I take the same file and use it with my friends T1 network and zoom..the upload flies. I am kind of tired of bothering my friend too much..you know one can ask and get so much...so was trying to get a new ISP.
    Any weblinks on when fiber might come out (north texas area)..
    Meantime looking for cost effective ISP..currently shelling $42/m for CUMcast hehe

Really need some help/ advice here guys...nebody in US with ATT dsl
    wow, that sucks big time!
    I get 80kb/s upload steady after finishing a torrent on a file with enough leechers, and it bursts up to 160kb/s from time to time.
    I hope they dont bring this throttling to my area before FIOS is available. The DSL options around here are still (way) more expensive for a comparable service to what I have now.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    embolism's Avatar Anti abuse COP!! BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    anybody else....ATT DSL experience...

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by embolism View Post
    anybody else....ATT DSL experience...

I have the Pro and I get about 260kb/s and down 50/kbs up - haven't had any problems with them and have had it from the time it was PacBell -> SBC -> Att. In the 6 or 7 years I have had it, I don't think it has ever been down for more than 3 hours in that whole time.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    The elite sounds like a good deal.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    embolism's Avatar Anti abuse COP!! BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Thanks for all the answers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12