View Poll Results: Seedbox with Windows, Would you prefer it ?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, where i can get it ?

7 22.58%
  • maybe, not sure if price isn't higher

8 25.81%
  • don't care

3 9.68%
  • windows ? never!

13 41.94%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seedbox with Windows, Would you prefer it ?

seedhost-net
    Hi guys,
    i would like to figure out what you think about Windows Seedbox,
    would you prefer having Windows over Linux ?, Would you mind pay extra 5euro/month just to have Windows or you would just stick to linux to cut prices ?

Waiting for your replies

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    F3n1x's Avatar 0x34a BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    linux if harware sucks. if not windows was cool. there's no need for ultra-1337-pwnage of unix stability of debian etc for a simple seedbox.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    i want seedbox windows and i will pay 5 euro for it ,,

but where can i find it ?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    canopus's Avatar Poster
    never

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    seedhost i think that you forgot something.
    You do realize that windows web edition can only handle 1 connection at a time.
    That means that when 1 user is connected the other one won't be able to connect.
    Seedplace.eu
    The place to seed!!!!

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    seedhost-net
    I haven't forget anything,
    Quote Originally Posted by seedplace View Post
    That means that when 1 user is connected the other one won't be able to connect.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    I only choose linux not because of some ideology, but because it's cheaper and better to run some clients like rtorrent and the very promising Deluge. It also supports in µTorrent in very good condition.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    manu1991's Avatar Ancient Philospher BT Rep: +3
    Linux is way better

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Think you need to rethink your phrases... Web Edition has indeed got 1 RDP-connection but then again, it was never meant to be used in a multi-user environment. I have to disagree on "can only handle 1 connection at a time" since that might confuse people on the connections made from/to the internet with FTP/HTTP/P2P and so on.

/edit: just digging in my memory; wasn't Microsoft supplying 2 administrative logins per server-edition? Or has that changed between Server 2003 and Server 2008? Despite that, an administrative login is not actually to be used for user-based operations (like running torrents) but still...
    Last edited by FransTormer; 06-18-2009 at 05:21 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by FransTormer View Post
    Think you need to rethink your phrases... Web Edition has indeed got 1 RDP-connection but then again, it was never meant to be used in a multi-user environment. I have to disagree on "can only handle 1 connection at a time" since that might confuse people on the connections made from/to the internet with FTP/HTTP/P2P and so on.

/edit: just digging in my memory; wasn't Microsoft supplying 2 administrative logins per server-edition? Or has that changed between Server 2003 and Server 2008? Despite that, an administrative login is not actually to be used for user-based operations (like running torrents) but still...
    I also said
    "That means that when 1 user is connected the other one won't be able to connect"
    I didn't meant through ftp or http but using remote desktop connection
    Seedplace.eu
    The place to seed!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast