Thread: Promoting My Music...

Can some one give me a few tips for promoting my music through Kaaza Lite...

is it more benificial to add more than one file..like copies of files so more people can download or does it matter/

can I see who downloaded my file(s)...after they are finished downloading?

any suggestions???

thanks for the feedback...MOTIF

2. Music   -   #2
    Having several copies of the same file in your folder shouldn't really help. Multiple people can download the same file at the same time from you. Your connection speed will matter more to you.

Name all your files to Brittany Spears or some such and it will get out really fast(joking)

Use kazaa for only your own personal files(ones you own and can share legally. No sense giving your name and address while sharing copywrited stuff) and make sure you put your website in the description so people can find you easily. Also make your website your kazaa username.

Post your music with hashes in the music section here and let members try it out. If they like it, they will spread it. Just be sure you don't spam too much or you will probably have your post removed.

You can get peoples IP addresses with a variety of programs including .datview but it won't really do you much good unless you have plenty of time to track people down. Just add in the descriptions something about, "if you like this contact me at".

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

3. Music   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by motifsmusic.com@8 July 2003 - 05:12
    Can some one give me a few tips for promoting my music through Kaaza Lite...

is it more benificial to add more than one file..like copies of files so more people can download or does it matter/

can I see who downloaded my file(s)...after they are finished downloading?

any suggestions???

thanks for the feedback...MOTIF
    You said 'MY MUSIC' is that refering to music you have made or just music that you have downloaded in general cus if thats the case then make sure u r sharing the files with users.

If its your own music please tell me genre and if i think its suitable then I will play it on MY RADIO SHOW for you as I am always looking for new people to send me a demo for me to play, plus I can send you the recording FREE OF CHARGE of my show, to prove that I played it.

4. Music   -   #4
    @kazaaliteuser007
    Type his name in your address bar and you can go to his website.

@motifsmusic.com
    Another idea is to try using Bittorrent. You can join Bytemonsoon and post torrents for your music on their site. Put all your info in the description and ask people to comment and or share your music if they like it.(people will download just about anything out of curiosity)
    If you don't know anything about bt just read the relevent threads on this forum.

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

5. Music   -   #5
    same here Tracy !

for electronic music i know dogsonacid(d&b) or soulseek,
    but as they aks 192kb/s i would like to use KL for a while.
    (i had them all ready at 128kb/s, thinkin it was best quality hahaha)

i have a bunch of songs and mixes i made, but the technical quality on my first 10 songs (303groovebox only) is not so good AND it are my first ever.
    Although the ones i made with fruityloops demo & cool edit pro are intresting :
    "around d bush"
    "woodstock encounter"
    "waterfall"
    "green shadows"
    and "electric being mix" is wanted

you could possibly find me if you search on "audio" "all" "djflypson", you will find some other songs, but you will also find my username to do "find more of the same user". But i'm from europe and ...

The stuff i'm workin on now is really dope, but finished after summer.
    If you 're intrested ...? Tron u can b my user ?

i also spreaded some questions around about these hashes, but did not get any reply yet ... (cfr Kruder & Dorfmeister - speechless.mp3 and OWL.mp3)

THX

6. Music   -   #6
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    You can also promote it using soulseek...i've got a few of the board members bands albums through soulseek which i would never of heard if i just used kazaa...

7. Music   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by tracydani@8 July 2003 - 11:42
    @kazaaliteuser007
    Type his name in your address bar and you can go to his website.
    I know but i need permission before i can play atrack plus he only as samples on there.

I need full tracks!!!!

8. Music   -   #8
    Jayhawk
    Originally posted by Celerystalksme@8 July 2003 - 15:33
    You can also promote it using soulseek...i've got a few of the board members bands albums through soulseek which i would never of heard if i just used kazaa...
    yeah me 2 it is nice hearing other peoples music