Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Is it possible to join r files?

Sextent's Avatar Version Five
    Obviously I stole it, that's a given. Just can't remember where from.

2. Lounge   -   #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Sextent View Post
    This is the setup in Newsleecher.

I'm assuming Grabit will be similar.

The 480 error suggests that you've not configured it properly, by putting in the username and password required.
    Quote Originally Posted by enoughfakefiles View Post
    This is the grabit one jp.

I've noticed that NTL/Virgin have about 5 different servers. Any ideas as to which one is the best?
    Quote Originally Posted by Virgin Website
    Virgin Media Broadband customers:
    News (NNTP) Server: news.cable.virginmedia.com
    News server: port number: 119

Virgin Media Dial-up or Freedom off-net customers:
    News (NNTP) Server: news.virginmedia.com
    News Server port number: 119
    Quote Originally Posted by NTL Servers (From old NTL Website)
    news.ntlworld.com
    news.cable.ntlworld.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Server enoughfakefiles is using
    News.virgin.net
    I'm using news.ntlworld.com but notice you two are using different servers, hows the service? I'm only getting 120kb/s max and have noticed massive groups (a.b.boneless etc...) are missing from the group lists.
    Last edited by Peerzy; 09-23-2007 at 10:08 PM.

3. Lounge   -   #53
    Obviously I stole it, that's a given. Just can't remember where from.

I steal everything by downloading.. Doesn't matter what it is. I even steal OS's but Vista was pre-installed so i couldn't activate it and now i have this copy but i am not sure what package the activation key goes too. Obviously it doesn't go to Ultimate Vista because i can't activate it, it will shut down Vista in 20 some days so i can't use it.

How good is Newsleecher v3.8 Final?

4. Lounge   -   #54
    Quote Originally Posted by php111 View Post

How good is Newsleecher v3.8 Final?
    I've seen 3.8 and 3.9 floating around but 3.7 is working fine for me.

Try one of those shyte generic public torrent websites, there bound to have it.

5. Lounge   -   #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by enoughfakefiles View Post
    This is the grabit one jp.

I've noticed that NTL/Virgin have about 5 different servers. Any ideas as to which one is the best?

news.ntlworld.com
    news.cable.ntlworld.com
    News.virgin.net
    I'm using news.ntlworld.com but notice you two are using different servers, hows the service? I'm only getting 120kb/s max and have noticed massive groups (a.b.boneless etc...) are missing from the group lists.
    Peerzy

I've just added the other one as well so I have both servers now. It doesn't make the overall speed faster, however it does seem to make it maintain the speed better. I just did that earlier this evening (based on this thread) so it's a bit early to say.

Basically if I look in the manager tab it seems to be downloading using both servers at the same time, splitting the bandwidth between them. My speeds are fine, the only limit is that some groups are missing. However not so as I would pay for a different service. Things spread about usenet anyway, so it's just a matter of waiting till it gets to a group you have.

6. Lounge   -   #56
    i pay for my service, and my speed maxs out at 790kbs all the time. not bad for £7 a month.
    there's two things in this life i hate; 1. Cultural discrimination and 2. Gypsies

7. Lounge   -   #57
    I get it free and it maxs out at 1200kbs. Not bad for ...

Tho' to be fair you will have a much better selection. I don't get boneless, dvdr, mm.tv and quite a lot of others I would like.

I really should spend the £7 or whatever, but I download so much just now it seems a bit mad to.

8. Lounge   -   #58
    i don't download shit, just stuff.
    there's two things in this life i hate; 1. Cultural discrimination and 2. Gypsies

9. Lounge   -   #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagarga View Post
    i don't download shit, just stuff.
    I download stuff as well. What's the chances of that.

10. Lounge   -   #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy View Post

news.ntlworld.com
    news.cable.ntlworld.com
    News.virgin.net
    Peerzy

I've just added the other one as well so I have both servers now. It doesn't make the overall speed faster, however it does seem to make it maintain the speed better. I just did that earlier this evening (based on this thread) so it's a bit early to say.

Basically if I look in the manager tab it seems to be downloading using both servers at the same time, splitting the bandwidth between them. My speeds are fine, the only limit is that some groups are missing. However not so as I would pay for a different service. Things spread about usenet anyway, so it's just a matter of waiting till it gets to a group you have.
    Hmmmmm, interesting. Are you being limited to a 120Kb/s speed or are you constantly maxing out your connection.

Even wierder is that I've got the M level of Virgin Media (2Mb connection) yet Newsleecher is only downloading at 120Kb/s and speed test is giving me 966kb/s which divided by 8 gives 120.75Kb/s. I should be (and have many times in the past) hitting 160Kb/s+.

Any of your Virgin Media users have similier problems?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast