Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: th0r's Tracker Account Guide for the Masses

sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by AugustoP View Post
    The first thing to remember for everyone who lost their accounts is that staff won't do anything in fear of "bad publicity". As far as I've seen they couldn't care what FST users will think of them.
    Good point. In fact publicly posting your problem here isn't the best idea and usually ends up in the flaming of the tracker involved which is sure to piss off staff. Best way to deal with it is to go on their IRC or failing that send a PM to the relevant community rep.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Sometimes that might not be necessary hence when I included so many things to consider first. If you can pinpoint why you lost your account, it'll make it easier for both parties; You'd PM a staff member if your account was disabled for reasons other than what I've included, or to plead to get it back.

Bump, this thread should be sticked, or at least every user who browses this discussion should read this.

Edit: Stupid automerge.
    Last edited by th0r; 09-26-2007 at 06:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    n00b
    Add one more to the list: don't park your account right away after you join, this just STINKS of potential account trading and will get you banned. If you have no plans to use the account, don't sign up now.

It would also be advised to be fully and totally honest when talking to site staff. remember, that in cases like these, they will behave similarly to cops: they'll only as questions they already know the answer to! They're not asking because they want to learn something from you, they're testing your honesty! even if you did something stupid, be 100% honest, and you'll at least have a BETTER chance of getting your account back. I've even seen ratio cheaters get back their accounts re-enabled because they only did it once and they were totally honest with staff.

also, a big +1 on adding the point about asking for help here... if you have a problem with a site/tracker, go to their IRC... don't bitch and moan about it here, that just guarantees that you are going to piss off the staff at the tracker.
    Last edited by djkamikaze; 09-30-2007 at 12:05 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    pro267's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I'm sure your intentions were good, th0r, but I believe this thread achieves the opposite objective. Every honest user will read the rules of the tracker and therefore will not need this guide. Unfortunately, this could turn out to be a "things to avoid in order not to get caught" list, handy for the bad seeds.
    546f74616c6c792072616e646f6d20746578742e20416d617a696e671f20696e6e69742e

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    NON TRADER BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Quote Originally Posted by pro267 View Post
    I'm sure your intentions were good, th0r, but I believe this thread achieves the opposite objective. Every honest user will read the rules of the tracker and therefore will not need this guide. Unfortunately, this could turn out to be a "things to avoid in order not to get caught" list, handy for the bad seeds.

it has that potential yes, but this i believe was composed as a result of view the countless posts here by users that have no clue... so in essence this will be invaluble to them... and may save a lot of repeat posts.....

but thats just my opinion..
    TRADING SUCKS DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by pro267
    Unfortunately, this could turn out to be a "things to avoid in order not to get caught" list, handy for the bad seeds.
    People will always distort rules and regulations for their own twisted agenda, even if the author has good intentions.

I still think this thread should be stickied.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    FSC [Fight Club] BT Rep: +2
    One of the better thread i have read here at FST. I think you would be the first person i ever gave a rep point too....but i cant find how to do it
    Proud Member of:

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Heh, don't worry about it.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    ROFL-LOL's Avatar I Like You BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Really great guide Th0r. I think that users would really use this and i think that this should be sticked ;-)

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Tbag's Avatar Sct and Fst Whore BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    nice guide m8. i think this thread should be sticked.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast