Thread: To Save or not to Save Halo 3, thats the question!

I know that there is a lot of talk about saving to the Hard Drive while playing Halo 3, and Im sure there is no real answer to this question until 9/25. I am wanting to take a poll to see who is actually saving achievements and progress on the HD or mem card instead in fear of some sort of ban for playing early and logging onto XBL?

I made the mistake of playing for about 3 hours, and then having to plug my HD on while it was on pause to save, and it reset my game! OUCH!

So now I have to start all over.

How are you saving your games, or are you?

2. Games   -   #2
    Microsoft retacted the ban staement, so you should be okay. Check this forum link: https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-new...-halo-3-231622

3. Games   -   #3
    What about the assumption that MS will ban for not playing with an orginal copy? Does anyone feel that may be the next move by MS? If they could ban for Halo 3 beta, why not for not playing with the original disk initially? I have my stor bought one coming 9/25, but am afraid that I will still get banned for running a copy initially. yikes!

4. Games   -   #4
    bluefox188
    I managed to buy halo 3 yesterday, ( thanks Argos) i've been on live with it and have a saved game on my HD. I'm still allowed on live. Theres just no one to play against yet.

If i get banned, I get banned

5. Games   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by frankfooter26 View Post
    What about the assumption that MS will ban for not playing with an orginal copy? Does anyone feel that may be the next move by MS?
    MS cant tell are not originals. Most consoles that are "banned" are because the console detecting firmware changes. Dont see MS ever winning this battle

Quote Originally Posted by frankfooter26 View Post
    If they could ban for Halo 3 beta, why not for not playing with the original disk initially? I have my stor bought one coming 9/25, but am afraid that I will still get banned for running a copy initially. yikes!
    They were banned because of the glitch that allowed multiple people to sign up with the same key. Think it was only a short term ban on those.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

6. Games   -   #6
    WhiteWizard20's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    I never played Halo . . . yet but if I were you I would save it to the hard drive just in case. You never know what will happen.