Thread: Burning Windows 2000 To A Blank Cd-rw

Hey I just downloaded windows 2000 to my hardrive about five minutes ago and now I need to burn it to a blank CD..... thing is I don't know how to do this do I need to convert windows 2000.exe file to a ISO ? if so could someone please tell me how or show me a different way to burn it to a CD ?
    thanks

Sunflare

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    right click on the file, choose rename, backspace the .exe and type in .iso . Then burn it from the nero file/menu/burn image. Don't just click on burn in the wizzard or you'll just have another .iso data disk.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    You may have to do this.

Go to the folder you have your file,
    then click on Tools at the top, go down to Folder Options, then click on View tab,
    scroll down and uncheck the box that says "hide file extensions for known file types", click OK, go back to your iso file, right click, rename, then delete the extension .exe replace with .iso.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by callum@8 July 2003 - 19:00
    You may have to do this.

Go to the folder you have your file,
    then click on Tools at the top, go down to Folder Options, then click on View tab,
    scroll down and uncheck the box that says "hide file extensions for known file types", click OK, go back to your iso file, right click, rename, then delete the extension .exe replace with .iso.
    Yea I agree thats the first thing I would do is turn that simple file sharing crap off in folder options menu. If you dont do that then you wont be changing any file extentions.

Also I would not put any o.s. iso on cd-rw. Cd-rw's are not that good unless you want to store useless expendible rewritable data to them. Use cd-r instead.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    you can burn a copy to a blank cd but you need a cd rewriter then all you do is open nero express which you will get with cd writer then click on add files open folder where'ever you have stored it click on add files then click finish nero will read the data then ask you for blank disc insert blank disc in rewriter drive then nero will write the disc then it will finish and eject dist and low and behold you will have a copy of your op system kind regards David Garden