Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dsl Question

This sucks ass....I can't find any companies that sell 40 buck DSL.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    @twister you're a spoil brat!!! j/k . my parent use to pay for it until i got a job. the it was all me. . i've heard of st.cloud but nothin bout princeton. maybe ill look into northstar since im not going to be earthlink for a while.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    What is Northstar's monthly price?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    If you wanna know the best just go on DSL reports and search for the best ISP in your zip code. It will give you price, average speed test results, and some other useful info, As for DSl vs. Cable, what is to compare you are talking about paying 29, or 31 or 40 whatever for 640 down. compared to 2mbit cable (that is Road Runner's, AOL's. and Earthlink GUARANTEED speed). I hate the company (time warner) but that is better than DSL. and as far as I know Road Runner does not enforce the cap, there is one, but it is not enforced. (I might know if it was).
    Road Runner tech support is ok, some assholes some are awsome.
    Or come to canada, we have some pretty good internet here.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    I will refuse on going to Canada but thanks.

Tried DSLREPORTS.COM, they didn't know the distance from my house to the CO or some shit like that. A company called Cybertonic or whatever is selling for 40 bucks a month.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    *Grunt*
    A word of warning to everyone never subscipe to a over cheap ADSL company (IE someone that charges less than dial up) because sif that is the case then there is no way that they could be making any profit so when they do begin to stuggle you will find, that contract didnt extend allow people to leave even if the price rose by 50%, then you are stuck.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    leonidas's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Amarjit+17 July 2003 - 18:23--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Amarjit @ 17 July 2003 - 18:23)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-iamtheoneandonlyone@9 July 2003 - 23:24
    Yeah DSL is getting cheap these days.
    Yeah, it is for you in America ...

Here in Britain, broadband is not being pushed far enough by Oftel (the Government sector controlling phone/internet access), 2Mbps cable has just landed in the consumer market, otherwise gullable fools are paying for 150K for £18.99 per month, that&#39;s how much I pay for 512/256&#33; Then it&#39;s 256K then 512. 1Mbps is becoming popular, but in Sweden they&#39;re already on 10Mbps line

Meanwhile, businesses are at the top of the line, they have got the 4.096/8.192Mbps services. Cable loses out to businesses, it&#39;s more ADSL. However SDSL trials are happening with symmetric speeds of 2Mbps. [/b][/quote]
    I got the same connexion as you ,I live in france,and since january I have to pay 45 € per month and can&#39;t change my provider for 1 year&#33;

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123