Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iPod vs. Zune

WhiteWizard20's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Hi, I am trying to decide which mp3 player to get. The iPod Classic looks really nice and I've heard good things about the Zune. I am looking for lots of hard drive space, battery life and great technical support. It will be used mostly for music (since I'm a music addict) but I will also watch some movies and tv shows on them too. Being able to listen to the music from the mp3 player to my car would be cool as well. I've heard you can use cassette adaptors or auxilery inputs. The problem is, my car doesn't have any of those so I'm assuming that I'll have to buy a FM transmitter. I've narrowed my choices to the iPod Classic 160GB Black version or the Microsoft Zune 30GB Brown. Would the IME Dock be good for the music in the car? Any help and suggestions for my mp3 player and fm transmitter are greatly appreciated.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    MaaxHimself's Avatar ‡ Borat Sagdiyev ‡ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    I would go with the iPod if I were you.
    I have one and haven't had any problems with it so far.
    If you want something to play it through a car stereo get Monster Cables or the Tape deck plugin as iTrip has terrible reception.
    Also, the iPod is native to iTunes, so you shouldn't have any trouble syncing songs from your library to the ipod.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    DJGorgoroth's Avatar Member
    This is a question i constantly ask myself, im an xbox man so a zune would be ideal but the new iPod looks like great value for money.
    But first i actually have to earn the money, Hahah!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    can I curse? FUCK!
    Heres the problem with apple. You HAVE to have itunes installed on your computer to transfer files so it can't really act as a portable hard drive unless itunes is installed. I don't know if that is a big negative factor for you.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    dbmp's Avatar ubuntu <3 BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    My preference goes to the Ipod. As for the FM transmitter, my friend got one for his Ipod for about 50€, don't know the brand thought...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiranai_Baka View Post
    Heres the problem with apple. You HAVE to have itunes installed on your computer to transfer files so it can't really act as a portable hard drive unless itunes is installed. I don't know if that is a big negative factor for you.
    This is not true. When I first got my ipod I only used winamp to transfer music and video to it. Now I use itunes b/c I like my album art, but I still use winamp to transfer videos that itunes doesn't add.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7

You can use it as a portable hard drive just by hooking it up to your computer. It will appear as another external drive. However any music added will not be added into the Ipod's database and thus will not play. The portable hard drive function is not dependant on Itunes or any other software.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    can I curse? FUCK!
    orly? well I find it annoying to have to use a program...

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    orly?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    orly? well I find it annoying to have to use a program...
    i hear ya on this. i used a gf's ipod cuz she wanted music and i had to install itunes and hated that prob. bloatware and when v7 came out it was buggy as fuck. either way, i had to use it...

i also am looking into what to buy. i dont' think the zune is even in my vocab so i think i'm debating on the psp or ipod. i'm leaning more psp, but not sure atm for it's kinda big. maybe buy both. idk.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast