Thread: groups

BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1

Question Mark

hiya people
    i wanted to know which news group is best for movies and games.
    i subscripted to alt.binaries.movies.divx and alt.binaries.cd.images.games and i never updated headers to download all, i just download few hundred thousands latest headers but i never get news stuff on them, do i need to download entire group headers to get them or what?

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Most of the new movies and games are posted here. I find it faster to browse http://www.binsearch.info/groups.php or search instead of downloading headers.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    thanks m8 thats a hell lot of trouble shooting and time saver.
    but how often it gets updated, i mean as soon as a file hits the group how long till that indexer added that file.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by BawA View Post
    thanks m8 thats a hell lot of trouble shooting and time saver.
    but how often it gets updated, i mean as soon as a file hits the group how long till that indexer added that file.
    Dunno how often but when I upload a file it only takes about 20 minutes or so before it appears on binsearch.

I dunno what provider binsearch uses but I use Giganews so it may be a little longer if the stuff is uploaded to other providers.