Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: just asking

BANNED BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    can i and my friend seed from the same seedbox on the same tracker with out get both disabled?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    ApeXz's Avatar Unleash the Child BT Rep: +2
    You'll appear as a multiple user.

Most likely, both will get disabled.

Sunshine, Lollipops, and Rainbows!

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    n00b BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    It depends on the tracker, but usually, yes. It would be also good to point that out in your userinfo @the tracker you are using it at. A'la 'sharing seedbox 84.xx.xx.xx'. Can't guarantee on all trackers though.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    phrenzy's Avatar Baked BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    It worked for me just fine on oink..... Just send them a pm stating that you are using a friends seedbox...... Being upfront w/ them could not hurt at all.........

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    This is a question best answered by the individual support-staff on those trackers you plan to seed. I know sites that don't care for identical IPs on two accounts and there are some who don't like that or who are not able to differ between two users sharing an IP. Your best bet is to either name the trackers in question or ask their staff directly - it can't be worse than a 'no'.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    BANNED BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    This is a question best answered by the individual support-staff on those trackers you plan to seed. I know sites that don't care for identical IPs on two accounts and there are some who don't like that or who are not able to differ between two users sharing an IP. Your best bet is to either name the trackers in question or ask their staff directly - it can't be worse than a 'no'.
    thank you
    Last edited by supper; 09-30-2007 at 08:28 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Sharing since 2002 BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by supper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    how about F** level 9?
    What about ask to the staff? It is the safe way.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by 0Ri0N View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by supper View Post
    how about F** level 9?
    What about ask to the staff? It is the safe way.
    ok what about thank you
    Last edited by supper; 09-30-2007 at 07:10 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Oink allows multiple accounts as long as the ratios are decent. If you develop ratio problems then that might be a problem for you. Not all trackers allow it though.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by briand5379 View Post
    Oink allows multiple accounts as long as the ratios are decent. If you develop ratio problems then that might be a problem for you. Not all trackers allow it though.
    As far as I know, OiNK does not allow multiple accounts to be created by the same user, if that is what you meant. As for the OP, to be certain, I'd send a PM to a staff member on each site you plan to share the seedbox on. Policies probably differ from site to site, and it would be best for them to make a note that you're sharing a seedbox before they disable for multiple accounts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast