Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The State Of Rock Music

Eugenius
    now i wasn't even into music when Nirvana's 'explosion' hit the mainstream, i got into them round about 1995, but i think everyone talks bollocks.

MTV and magazines love to romanticise the past:
    e.g. Jimi Hendrix (didn't people start riots cos they thought his new tunes were shit?)

question:
    what exactly did Nirvana's 'explosion' achieve

answer:
    it got upper class kids to listen to and make watered down rock music.

bands like sum 41 are no different to 80's rock, it's all about gimmicks and marketing.

tons of quality rock, metal, punk, exciting bands were around before MTV decided to create this hype around Kurt Cobain:

The Pixies
    Janes Addiction
    Ramones
    Misfits
    Ministry
    Skinny Puppy

but of course these bands owe everything to Kurt Cobain don't they? yeah right!

what's my point? fuck knows.
    i'm gonna lie down.

2. Music   -   #2
    Poster
    answer-dont believe the hype.
    listen to what you like. and dont fret about such nonsense.
    max 80x80
    100kb

3. Music   -   #3
    BANNED
    well i would say this Nirvana changed the face of music in the 90s bvrought the alternative sound one might say and saved us from going to teen stage.

They however responsable for olot of MTV crap bands that get alot of publicity no gonna emntion any names

Alot of people forget that Alice In Chains actully had that sound before Nirvana but Nirvana ended up making it big with that Nevermind album.

Nirvana stuff is very simple and can be larened in 2 seconds but they frought a whole new sound to us all which im thankful for

4. Music   -   #4
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I couldn't really give a shit cause nirvana were around while i was growing up and i really liked their sound and spoke a lot louder than most bands did at the time...But a person's opinion is still put into consideration...Even though i do not agree with it cause i heard all those other bands aswell...it was just in my opinion that nirvana were a better band...simple...now build a bridge and get over it...

5. Music   -   #5
    insanebassman
    Kurt Kaboom:

I would like to nominate his activity for Best Use Of A Bullet catagory.

6. Music   -   #6
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Ouch...

7. Music   -   #7
    Nirvana were cool AT THE TIME- Nevermind was a breath of fresh air. And I was growing up at the time too, so I know what Celerystalksme means. All the bullshit that's followed recently is just cashing in on Cobain's death, so just ignore it and it will go away again for another ten years.

8. Music   -   #8
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    the ramones came decades before nirvana... think before you talk.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

9. Music   -   #9
    Eugenius
    Originally posted by mogadishu@9 July 2003 - 19:08
    the ramones came decades before nirvana... think before you talk.
    what i meant was that there were good, original bands before Nirvana and after.
    so i&#39;m asking, "what exactly did Nirvana do other than making good albums, like any other band?"

please don&#39;t come to me with that, "new sound" crap.

10. Music   -   #10
    I&#39;ll get back to you when my carefactor increases...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast