Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best uTorrent settings?

AugustoP's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Saroman View Post
    So how do i correct it..??
    Actually it's not a protocol overhead (which is only a couple percents) but just the way bittorrent works. You can't do anything about it.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Saroman View Post
    Even i am looking for settings of Utorrent...

My connection is 2Mbps....so i should be gettin ~240Kbps... but i dont cross 206-210.. While using Rapidshare it maxs out the connection at 240...but be it any torrent i dont cross 210..

i used ScT,FTN,Hdbits,TL,Revtt... with n no. of seeders still no effect..how do i improve my speed...
    If you are on ADSL 210KB max should be OK.
    If you max optimize you link and find very well seeded torrent you may get 215KB/s

On the other hand your rapidshare 240KB looks more like 2.2Mbps

What speed/type of connection you use ?

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Saroman's Avatar ReInVeNtInG MySeLf BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by trad3r View Post
    with rapidshare, there is no uploading, with torrents there is uploading going on. If you have your settings to allow infinate upload, and your upload is maxing out, that could be your problem. When you finish a downloaded piece, your computer sends a response saying it finished that piece, and requests another. If your upload is maxed out uploading to peers, this request is queued behind all the other uploads going out, and this results in the new piece download being delayed, and can result in lower down speeds then desired.

If thats not your problem, then I dunno what is. I max out my down speeds all the time.
    Well even when torrents have say 100 seeds and no leechers..Still i cant cross 210 mark or at the most 212..

Quote Originally Posted by qweryy View Post
    If you are on ADSL 210KB max should be OK.
    If you max optimize you link and find very well seeded torrent you may get 215KB/s

On the other hand your rapidshare 240KB looks more like 2.2Mbps

What speed/type of connection you use ?
    My connection is 2Mbps and yeah its ADSL ...I guess

i.e I have this Modem at my place and the LAN cable is passed on to it... Probably its ADSL..

RS has always been max any time be it day or night..

Even Right now i am gettin 213..I tried optimisin Utorrent through various guides but still cant cross it.

I even tried Azureus, But wasnt that comfortable with it, whereas Bitcomet is banned by various trackers..

Well losin 30Kbps sounds nothing...but in larger picture it costs a lot so all these efforts for that only..
    -= Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught, will we realise we cannot eat money. =-

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Shouldn't you actually be maxing out around 256KB/s. You know the company I use says up to 7mbps. Does that mean I get 7 on a constant basis no, it just means at some point in time while downloading I might see that. Very seldom does it go up to 7 and stay there I've even seen it go higher then 7 running around 8 at times because they have a temp power boost that kicks in for a little while. Also keep in mind that if your UL at the same time your downloading that too is going to take up some bandwidth and effect your DL speed.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    I dont think you can acheive 240KB with 2Mbps ADSL line.

HTTP/FTP download should be faster than Torrent but not that faster - 14% is a lot.

What you use to download from rapid ?

Is the speed constant or fluctate a bit ?

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Saroman's Avatar ReInVeNtInG MySeLf BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by briand5379 View Post
    Shouldn't you actually be maxing out around 256KB/s. You know the company I use says up to 7mbps. Does that mean I get 7 on a constant basis no, it just means at some point in time while downloading I might see that. Very seldom does it go up to 7 and stay there I've even seen it go higher then 7 running around 8 at times because they have a temp power boost that kicks in for a little while. Also keep in mind that if your UL at the same time your downloading that too is going to take up some bandwidth and effect your DL speed.
    Yeah i know that mathematically i should be getting 256KB/s. But i get average 240Kbps for pretty much anything i download through HTTP. Except Torrents.. Havent tried P2P and FTP yet..!!

And yeah as i mentioned even when my Uploads are Nil i dont cross 212..

For Instance recently i was downlaoding i torrnt with 39 seeds and 0 leechers...Still i was getting 212..As soon i got RS links for the same and i started d/lding i got my usual 240..

I dont think you can acheive 240KB with 2Mbps ADSL line.

HTTP/FTP download should be faster than Torrent but not that faster - 14% is a lot.

What you use to download from rapid ?

Is the speed constant or fluctate a bit ?

I am using IDM i.e Internet Download Manager for download from RS.

And well speeds fluctuated sometimes..But often its around 235-240Kbps..

If its spikes to 300 for couple of secs then it will automaticall go down to 180-190 for couple of secs..giving average around 235-240...
    -= Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught, will we realise we cannot eat money. =-

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    AugustoP's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I
    Not true. I've had approx same ratio with ADSL and Ethernet connection.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Get an actual speedtest first.
    Then set download on Max, and upload would be about 75%-85& fo your max upload bandwidth. Also if you are using utorrnet then you can set the option for upload on automatic so it can be adjusted while you are browsing or using some of the bandwidth fro something other than bittorrnet applications

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12