Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just How Do Bush Supporters Explain

Poster
    I got caught with a quater-ounce bag once by my mother.
    Got a damn good four hour lecture about it too. I think she felt good about it.

I think when the rest of the world (or the rest of the anti-American world)
    gets over it, they will feel good about it too. . .bitching about it that is.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Poster
    as soon as bush is gone I'll fell a lot better.
    how long for depends on the next President

Neil

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by clintonesque@9 July 2003 - 10:16
    I got caught with a quater-ounce bag once by my mother.
    I assume that, unlike your namesake, you had the good sense to inhale?

My Dad found my pipe, but when he asked about the weed, I told him I couldn't afford that stuff.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Poster
    I assume that, unlike your namesake, you had the good sense to inhale?
    Oh yes, no denials here.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Dont SPAM it guys, it'll end up in the lounge.

As to the topic, I think Intelligence Agencies the world over do their job better WITHOUT politicians and other ameteurs getting involved.

The politicians job is to read what is provided and make policy decisions based on these reports.....not suggest what is provided, or worse, tell 'em what to say.

There should be full public enquiries BOTH sides of the pond, if only to let us have faith in our security services again......this is assuming that everyone else has lost faith with their politicians like myself

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@9 July 2003 - 21:32
    Dont SPAM it guys, it'll end up in the lounge.

As to the topic, I think Intelligence Agencies the world over do their job better WITHOUT politicians and other ameteurs getting involved.

The politicians job is to read what is provided and make policy decisions based on these reports.....not suggest what is provided, or worse, tell 'em what to say.

There should be full public enquiries BOTH sides of the pond, if only to let us have faith in our security services again......this is assuming that everyone else has lost faith with their politicians like myself
    i think all y'all who think a. its too early to pass judgement; and b. the wires got crossed, it happens sometimes, need to wake up and smell the wilfull blindness of yourselves and the folks running the worlds only superpower. you think that level of incompetence, in preparation for war, happens by accident?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Originally posted by myfiles3000+9 July 2003 - 21:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (myfiles3000 @ 9 July 2003 - 21:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rat Faced@9 July 2003 - 21:32
    Dont SPAM it guys, it&#39;ll end up in the lounge.

The politicians job is to read what is provided and make policy decisions based on these reports.....not suggest what is provided, or worse, tell &#39;em what to say.

i think all y&#39;all who think a. its too early to pass judgement; and b. the wires got crossed, it happens sometimes, need to wake up and smell the wilfull blindness of yourselves and the folks running the worlds only superpower. you think that level of incompetence, in preparation for war, happens by accident? [/b][/quote]
    I don&#39;t think it&#39;s a case of simply "too early" or crossed wires; I think there are too many fingers in the pie, i.e., too many agencies, and too many potentially conflicting points of view-our intelligence services are gaining ground on the gathering of info, but their abilities as to dissemination of same are way behind the curve.

I find this regretful and counterproductive, but a certain amount of this is to be expected; how long the "growing pains" will last is an entirely different consideration-we may have to do a bit of institutional blood-letting.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    the CIA is not to blame, they said the report was false. maybe if ur gonna blame the CIA, is the people who allowed it to get to Bush without telling him that it was false

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Originally posted by j2k4@10 July 2003 - 05:32
    I don&#39;t think it&#39;s a case of simply "too early" or crossed wires; I think there are too many fingers in the pie, i.e., too many agencies, and too many potentially conflicting points of view-our intelligence services are gaining ground on the gathering of info, but their abilities as to dissemination of same are way behind the curve.

I find this regretful and counterproductive, but a certain amount of this is to be expected; how long the "growing pains" will last is an entirely different consideration-we may have to do a bit of institutional blood-letting.
    j2k4, you&#39;re denying the theory that the system was intentionally manipulated in order to bolster the case for war? You think this was a case of too many fingers in spy pie?

Have you read the media reports on just exactly what the forged documents looked like?&#33; they were preposterous forgeries, that any intelligent person, let alone an intelligence officer, could have probably spotted as fakes.

Open your eyes my friend, this was NOT an accident.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Originally posted by myfiles3000+10 July 2003 - 06:25--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (myfiles3000 &#064; 10 July 2003 - 06:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-j2k4@10 July 2003 - 05:32

j2k4, you&#39;re denying the theory that the system was intentionally manipulated in order to bolster the case for war? You think this was a case of too many fingers in spy pie?

Have you read the media reports on just exactly what the forged documents looked like?&#33; they were preposterous forgeries, that any intelligent person, let alone an intelligence officer, could have probably spotted as fakes.

Open your eyes my friend, this was NOT an accident.[/b][/quote]
    You and I have different views on this; of that I am positive.

I am not a conspiracy theorist, but I fear there are personnel in the intelligence game who are.

There are glory hounds who would enjoy nothing more than to lead the administration and armed forces in a raffish snakedance in pursuit of the Saddams of the world.

Your article commented repeatedly on the need to run to ground those armed with the "facts" of the case-if the author is not "sure", merely suspicious enough to write his article, why do you feel compelled to express even greater cynicism?

I also must point out that you have recently been observed (I saw you&#33 blasting the media for a variety of reasons, yet you point me to "media reports" in order that you might convince me of your suppositions.

Media reports? I&#39;ll take them with the same grain of salt I take everything else.

If there is truly anything to this, we will know soon enough.

Hell, as opposite sides of the same coin, you and I will suss this before the gov., right?

P.S. When I spoke of you as being "rarer" I meant as a non-conservative who distrusts the media.

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast