Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Port Forwarding Website

keemosabi's Avatar Poster
    Just in case people were having trouble activating Port Forwarding for their router, I found a great site that gives pictured directions for specific routers and programs.

The site is: http://portforward.com/.

I hope that this site can be of some help to beginners who are trying to enter the torrenting world.

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #2
    TraLaLa's Avatar knowledge is power BT Rep: +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95
    i cant found my modem there, what should i do ?

“The best thing to give to your enemy is forgiveness; to an opponent, tolerance; to a friend, your heart; to your child, a good example; to a father, deference; to your mother, conduct that will make her proud of you; to yourself, respect; to all men, charity.”

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #3
    Do a Google search for your modem's name + "port forward" or refer to its manual.
    Last edited by anon; 02-05-2010 at 07:19 PM.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #4
    TraLaLa's Avatar knowledge is power BT Rep: +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95
    did that i dont have any problems atm just for the future

“The best thing to give to your enemy is forgiveness; to an opponent, tolerance; to a friend, your heart; to your child, a good example; to a father, deference; to your mother, conduct that will make her proud of you; to yourself, respect; to all men, charity.”

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #5
    well this is option called DMZ it is better than port forwarding and open all ports u need without enter them manually , it is great really
    see if ur router support that

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremesmsm View Post
    well this is option called DMZ it is better than port forwarding
    No! It isn't!

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #7
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremesmsm View Post
    well this is option called DMZ it is better than port forwarding and open all ports u need without enter them manually , it is great really
    see if ur router support that
    DMZ is a good solution?
    DMZ will expose your PC directly to the internet, bypassing any router protections.
    It's not safe!! Never use it!

I only use it for troubleshooting purposes, when I want to take closed ports out of the equation. That's what it is for.

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #8
    Morpheus's Avatar Member BT Rep: +1
    Portforward.com is ancient. I can't believe people are still only just finding out about it. Now a days, most routers are UPnP compatible so you no longer to forward individual ports yourself.

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #9
    MODERATION
    it really helps ? since some private trackers are have security?

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #10
    I don't understand what you mean. Not all private trackers are 100% secure, that's for sure. And you need to forward your ports if you want to get good speeds and make it easy to seed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast