Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What tracker invites can one giveaway without getting banned

Thank you everyone for your answers.

To be honest, I still don't know whether there is a "Only people you know in person" rule for giving invites to high-levelers, but if there is one somewhere, I'd be pretty surprised if they didn't check IP ranges from both the inviter and the invitee.

On the other hand, if there is no such rule, it's understandable that they don't and that they only care about how the invitee will behave once he registers.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Effer View Post
    Thank you everyone for your answers.

To be honest, I still don't know whether there is a "Only people you know in person" rule for giving invites to high-levelers, but if there is one somewhere, I'd be pretty surprised if they didn't check IP ranges from both the inviter and the invitee.

On the other hand, if there is no such rule, it's understandable that they don't and that they only care about how the invitee will behave once he registers.
    their argument (not mine) is: don't offer invites in public. of course you can give an invite to a friend living in another country or to somebody you just know online.
    but if you knew him, you wouldn't give the invite on a public board, would you?

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post

their argument (not mine) is: don't offer invites in public. of course you can give an invite to a friend living in another country or to somebody you just know online.
    but if you knew him, you wouldn't give the invite on a public board, would you?
    Well, that's what I've been arguing all along, why couldn't you give an invite to a friend living abroad?

It's a good thing to know you can. Thanks a lot.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    eurovox's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Thank you for all your replies.
    After reading your comment i will only give a few low level invites out. Higher level tracker invite i will keep until i make friends and earn trust on this site.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Ali-g's Avatar Joker BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Lol GL then.
    But regarding to the thread then listen to me, dont ever care much about a tracker. Its better having +1 friend than +1 Tracker.
    Regards

The Chase is Better than the Catch

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123