Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very n00b seedbox question I'm sure...

punki_rach's Avatar El Chupanibre BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    I'm sure this is a stupid question but I don't know the first thing about seedboxes...do I have to be connectable to get one? Cos my dad controls our internet so I can't make myself connectable which is very annoying when I'm trying to seed on trackers. And how do you access seedboxes? Is it like a website you go to and log in? Any explanation would be appreciated

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    okay how about this...its a website that u login but that needs to be set up...i can set it up for you...and u dont have to be connectable

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    so when people offer invites in exchange for seedbox access, all they have to do is log in, as it's already been set up by the buyer? or does it have to be specifically set up for each individual?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    You do not have to be connectable. Yes, you can access it via a web interface, depending on what torrent client you run. You can also access it with remote desktop/vnc.

It is just a computer connected to a fast line.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by punki_rach View Post
    so when people offer invites in exchange for seedbox access, all they have to do is log in, as it's already been set up by the buyer? or does it have to be specifically set up for each individual?
    nah...its called utorrent webui and u have a web access to it which is set up so that more than 1 user can go on it...and also on any computer that can access internet using firefox...must be firefox

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    ah I see, cheers for your help

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    It doesn't have to be setup individually.. you could just give them access to the same instance of uTorrent that you use... but would you really want to give someone you don't know the opportunity to access all of your torrents.

A seperate VNCserver desktop with a seperate instance of uTorrent running webui would be good.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    ah I see, cheers for your help
    if you buy a seedbox i can set utorrent up for you for free... because im a nice guy...lol just pm me

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    thanks! am a bit broke at the moment but it's definatly something I'd like to look in to. If I ever get round to buying one I might just take you up on your kind offer

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    thanks! am a bit broke at the moment but it's definatly something I'd like to look in to. If I ever get round to buying one I might just take you up on your kind offer
    anytime man

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast