Thread: Bad clients

Has naybody got a list of bad stat reporting clients i need it for a site please post.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    tuning's Avatar House M.D. BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    http://www.bitme.org/faq.php#29

here you are, a bunch of not fine working clients.
    Follow the white rabbit

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    rvt's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    So on top of needing someone else to supply the server, you want other people to put in the work on client bans?

You should do your own research and make your own decisions.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    bblogs's Avatar Damn Straight. BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    @ rvt: Get over it, if it's a good tracker then it will go well.

@ superseed101: Won't there be programming behind the clients accepted? I'm sure it'll be more than just a matter of posting which ones are/aren't allowed

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    rvt's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Yes there will be coding behind it, and right there is the reason he should do his own research.

Without knowing the ins and outs of which clients send what data, his chances of catching spoof clients and cheat clients are pretty low. The next thread will be somewhere else asking if anyone can supply cheat catching code, and that wont happen.

A site can only be carried so far by other people, at some point somebody has to put a lot of work into it. If he can't be bothered doing client bans properly, how much time do you think he will spend on security?
    It doesn't matter how good a site is if it gets hacked once a week. A sysop job is not for the lazy.

Maybe you're right though, and wanting better sites with better security should just be "gotten over".

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    BANNED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    i think you need to do a lot more research on your own if you want to run a site. you cant just say you want to start a site, come up with a name(not even sure if you did this yet) then ask everyone else to do stuff for you. instead of writing this thread you could have looked it up on your own or even better, wait until you actually have a functioning site that works on all browsers, then do some testing and come up with torrent clients you find acceptable.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    ok so your all wrong 1 dont jump to conclusions 2 this has nothing to do with my new site 3 i am putting in effort site is live now i have a server and a partner with anti cheater installed.