Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trackers that don't allow open uploading...your thoughts??

kooftspc11's Avatar WWW.STFU.LOL BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    how do you guys feel about trackers that dont let the majority of their users upload content? In my opinion this is one of the things that can make or break a community (within the tracker).
    The sites that make u go through the whole uploader application song and dance (in my opinion) really dont differ a whole lot in content....from what ive seen anyways.

I have a RevTT account but really only use for the speed when i dont have the patience. In all honesty though i think that tracker has one of the MOST generic selections of content...just very fast speeds.

I like sites that dont discriminate a whole lot over who gets to upload because i see a much healthier variety on these trackers. When i find something that im interested in i dont really care a whole lot whether i download it in 5 seconds or a day...the content come first for me--the speed is just a bonus
    Last edited by kooftspc11; 10-03-2007 at 06:53 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    well, there are tracker with scene content and there are general tracker.

most general tracker allow uploads.

most scene tracker don't for obvious reasons.

you are free to choose wether you want a huge variety of content (eg demonoid) or fast scene downloads (eg sct)

i think the community on a 0day tracker has nothing to do with the fact, that only certain people are uploaders.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    I'm back! :o BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    To be fair, I dont upload anything but music anyway as anything over a music album size would just take too long on my 768 upload, So movies etc need good speeds imo so the people dont just look over it.

Sure it can be annoying when you cant find something on a site because the uploaders dont add it, But for them times, If you really want it, Theres always demonoid where you can wait forever for the download.

I work online, So the faster the download for me, The better, So i cant get back to work while losing no bandwidth of downloading.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    well, there are tracker with scene content and there are general tracker.

most general tracker allow uploads.

most scene tracker don't for obvious reasons.

you are free to choose wether you want a huge variety of content (eg demonoid) or fast scene downloads (eg sct)

i think the community on a 0day tracker has nothing to do with the fact, that only certain people are uploaders.
    i understand your point and it is well taken. The higher trackers that i have already max out my DL bandwidth so there is not much improvement i can find there.

i guess my whole point in this thread is that i have a few gems that i would love to share with others...thats all

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by kooftspc11 View Post
    i guess my whole point in this thread is that i have a few gems that i would love to share with others...thats all
    if those gems are movies - why not share them on a tracker with a more independent approach like kg, cinemageddon or cinematic?
    i've made the experience that there are very nice and thankful people in this smaller communities.

if it's music i would go and upload it on oink. even the most obscure stuff will find a thankful downloader there.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    if those gems are movies - why not share them on a tracker with a more independent approach like kg, cinemageddon or cinematic?
    i've made the experience that there are very nice and thankful people in this smaller communities.

if it's music i would go and upload it on oink. even the most obscure stuff will find a thankful downloader there.
    Been trying to get an oink invite for a LONG time...no luck

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    BANNED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    i understand for a scene tracker or something where most people would upload material tha isnt allowed but other than that i tihnk it should be open for uploading. even if your speed is slow its better than not having it on the site at all and most times ppl with fast connections that already have it could help you out and start seeding with you.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Been trying to get an oink invite for a LONG time...no luck
    don't give up. it's not so hard to get an oink invite. i lost mine because one of my invitees cheated. if i still had them i would give one to you for free :-)

i like people who share gems.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Cmon's Avatar on users.php
    It's good for me if only uploader that can upload, I don't like to see every user upload some totally random torrent, it's fine if they can read the rules though
    Some just don't know how to do it or don't have the speed
    Know too much = bad
    My Ratio, Stats & Speed

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    if i had my own tracker i would require each user to upload the following: favorite album, movie, application

i believe that it is very important for people to be able to express themselves and have their very own little stake in a community...to truly contribute to a community in a way that is unique rather than simply finding the torrent with the highest leech and downloading a part of it to boost upload ratio

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast