Thread: Email Server

Poster
    I run Apache on my web server, and still need email.

Are there any freeware/GPL licenced email server software with possible web access?
    Overnet Lite 0.53

Free hosting for P2P clients - PM me

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    did u check Neworder.box.sk?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by OcramC@9 July 2003 - 13:50
    I run Apache on my web server, and still need email.

Are there any freeware/GPL licenced email server software with possible web access?
    apche on what o.s. linux or windows? If you run it on linux then get sendmail, qmail or if you have one of the supported distributions you can download an rpm file of kerio mail server from www.kerio.com. kerio mailserver is also for windows and its a good program but I can never find an up to date crack for the new version.

If its apache on windows I would suggest getting merak mail server because there are a ton of cracks for that program. As a matter a fact there a lot more cracks for mailservers for windows than there ever will be for linux. 99 percent of linux mailservers are free.

Watch out for sendmail though because it has always got some new vulnerabilty, but set aside from microsoft exchange server its one of the most widely used opensource mail servers around. If you get sendmail try to get an updated package according to your distro instead of installing it from source.

Btw you can get web access with sendmail by using squirrelmail from squirrelmail.org (if its spelled right) On windows kerio and the merak mail servers have web access.

Or if you were not even looking for a mail server but just a web based email client to check your email. There a ton of web based email clients written in php for apache. Just go on google and search.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    thanks
    Overnet Lite 0.53

Free hosting for P2P clients - PM me