Thread: Idea! Request section!

10 HUT! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I was on TI before I was here, and there was a section where there was one thread for every tracker, and depending on the level of said tracker, you had to have a certain number of "Donation Points" and had to have a certain ratio to request for the tracker. (Donation Points [giving invites]/grab points [taking invites] = ratio, just like a tracker)

There was three sections, low level trackers (levels 1-4), Medium (5-6), and high (7-10)

People would make a post saying they wanted a tracker, and why they wanted it, and someone would invite them, simple.

Since there's no credits here, I would guess we could have ONE request section, and the people giving invites can use their own personal judgment on who deserves it.

I think this would clean up the BT invite sections immensely, stopping all those high level request threads from the people that got access to the section less than 24 hours before posting the request.

Anyone with me?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    not really. I used to mod a bit there and the requests section didn't work at all. Also try and weight TI's 2000 members against FST's many many more and picture yourself the amount of threads.

Also people are very fast to post a request but after getting the invite, they just forget about it, making it the mods job to clean up.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    I agree with Blue_Skies. It would probably be hell to moderate. It might clean up the Invites section a bit, but it would create a whole new section that has to be moderated even more.

It could probably work on a very small site.. not so much here.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    10 HUT! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I'd guess so, but I was just throwing it out there.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    The idea in itself is nice enough. It just could never work on FST unless there was some serious moderation of it all the time. There are just too many members here which are constantly looking for specific trackers.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    I agree that cleaning up the invite section is a good idea. I'm not sure if your way of doing it would be all that helpful.

As it stands, the best way to get high-level invites is to be an active member of the community, be nice to people, don't whine, and make friends. If you do that, you will get invites to desirable places.

The BT rep idea is somewhat helpful, but it is mostly for traders.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    An idea is a start.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    bblogs's Avatar Damn Straight. BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    TI2 is up soon anyway