Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: God's Eye

kaffeine's Avatar No queda el tiempo
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley View Post
    How does one make a decision or take an action at subatomic level.
    Not conscious decisions/actions. But there are some experiments that suggest that movement of subatomic particles are affected by our actions in the macromolecular world. This is linked the same way that we alter the outcome of events by looking, we also alter subatomic movement by decision. (of course we don't decide where each particle go or what it does, but our thoughts and conscious actions affect them.

2. Lounge   -   #62
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Can I show my Japs eye?
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

3. Lounge   -   #63
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    go for it sgt...I'm off....
    Now go away.

4. Lounge   -   #64
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by kaffeine View Post
    How does one make a decision or take an action at subatomic level.
    Not conscious decisions/actions.
    Surely the concept of a decision presupposes some element of consciousness. I can understand that one may have unconscious or subconscious actions. Fair do's. However isn't the idea of a decision which is not conscious an oxymoron.

5. Lounge   -   #65
    kaffeine's Avatar No queda el tiempo
    However isn't the idea of a decision which is not conscious an oxymoron.
    You're right.
    I guess I didn't give that sentence a second thought lol.
    anyway, you got my idea.
    Last edited by kaffeine; 10-05-2007 at 10:22 PM.

6. Lounge   -   #66
    I don't think he understand mate. He seems to think that omnipresent means actually being everything, as opposed to being everywhere.
    FFS.... No I don't.

To be everywhere he would have to hold a form that made that possible. Any form that has definable features such as eyes is therefore never going to be big enough to be everywhere...

How you arrived at me thinking or claiming that he is everything is waaaaaayyyyyyyy beyond any reason that I can see in anything that I said.

Like I said if his eyes are that small and he isn't a really fat bloke, how can he be everywhere

Please think about it....

7. Lounge   -   #67
    Oh and the rest of this utter tosh you've wandered off into is .... mmmmm I'll leave it there.

8. Lounge   -   #68
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by manicgeek View Post
    I don't think he understand mate. He seems to think that omnipresent means actually being everything, as opposed to being everywhere.
    FFS.... No I don't.

To be everywhere he would have to hold a form that made that possible. Any form that has definable features such as eyes is therefore never going to be big enough to be everywhere...

How you arrived at me thinking or claiming that he is everything is waaaaaayyyyyyyy beyond any reason that I can see in anything that I said.

Like I said if his eyes are that small and he isn't a really fat bloke, how can he be everywhere

Please think about it....
    You're idea of omnipresence appears to suggest that He is physically present everywhere. That would mean that He was everything, there's no getting round that. It's a logical extension of your own argument

However as has already been explained that is only the case if He is corporeal by nature. If He is not then he can be omnipresent whilst taking up no space whatsoever.

I say again, these are fairly basic concepts. I think it may be best if you actually read what other people post, rather than base your replies on your own preconceptions of what they may be saying.

9. Lounge   -   #69
    Defy's Avatar Be Kind BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    How did this turn into a "God" debate? Lol.

I thought the photo was pretty cool. Now where's my damn wish at!

10. Lounge   -   #70
    Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    What's interesting is that quantum physics tells us that by observing events we influence them and that the normal order of cause and effect is not a strict rule. We are now starting to observe the very beginings of the Universe so it's possible that we are also influencing it.
    That's utter bollocks! What we're observing is light that's taken billions of years to get to us...how can that influence things that happened billions of years ago?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast