Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what good is it to recommend SCT or FTN to people?

ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    If people don't like the answer then don't ask the fucking question.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    kooftspc11's Avatar WWW.STFU.LOL BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by th0r View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kooftspc11
    what good does it do to constantly point people towards trackers that they cant easily get into?
    Because they like speaking of their supreme tracker memberships instead of what's practical.

at least some people understand my point

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    sovaz's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Its not any good to recommend them openly...coz too many people dream about them n beg like bitches to get them. They are meant to be elite n small communities n they r both great.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Enlightened's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by killer23 View Post
    some people are like that, others are not. people who do show off their high level trackers usually have userbars of them and some are immature so you wouldnt want their advice anyway. i have both those trackers you mentioned and some more but i dont show off or mention them. ScT and FTN do have good content, but TL and demonoid have many torrents that those 2 trackers dont.
    I know of ONe particular Individual, who just spam each thread,thinking he "knows", what the F**K he is talking about........
    U know who U are , giving U guys a "hint", starts with a "S" and ends with a "K'.....LOL, not also just his Userbar , but the avatar too. FFS. Get a fucking life, Kiss_ass

Not all ppl are like that,some of them have both LVL 10 & all, are they are quiet and discreet....that I know of........
    Last edited by Enlightened; 10-06-2007 at 08:15 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    There's one thing I have learned, and that is a tracker is only as good as the perception of that tracker the member holds.

For example, I hold dear my membership of **-* because I know a good number of the members, and my FSC account for the same reason (cannot comment on ScT or FTN since I am not a member there).

For me, **-* and FSC are great. Others may decide, based on their own personal opinions, that **-* and FSC suck! Simply put, the value of any tracker/community is that which we assign it.

Many here are happy with TL or OiNK, while others think that TL is common, or OiNK staff are rude. Personal opinion or perception is what decides how we see a given community.

I haven't invited many people to FSC (no **-* invites unfortunately), but I can say with honesty that about half of those invites did not appreciate FSC, and let their membership wane, while the other half are still strong members.

The whole point is that trackers/communities are not taylor made, but cut from a standard template, and what floats the boat for one person may be a complete white elephant for another person.

Also, in my opinion, there is a lot of hype associated with ScT and FTN, which means that people want them purely for the hype. I also think that the recent actions of Kimii and Brandon have elevated the two sites above others, as we all love a soap opera, and they have managed to put those two sites on the tips of our tongues.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    one funny thing is, i realized a lot of people speaking bad about a tracker here. but as soon as they have the chance for an invite, it's their favourite tracker
    i once had an occassion where somebody spoke really bad about sct. as soon as he found out i have an invite. he changed his mind 180°
    Last edited by Polarbear; 10-06-2007 at 10:52 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    I have to agree with MrFox, what one person perceives as a great site another thinks is only average or not his taste, yet the hype surrounding ScT and FTN makes them the wanted sites. I know of **-* and I know some members but am not a member myself , but can say out of the trackers that I belong too I also prize FSC most highly for the community and the clubs, it is truly a fun place to be a part of.............

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Defy's Avatar Be Kind BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Actually I see more people ASKING for invites to ScT or FTN more than anything else. At least that's just my $0.02.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    maybe they should ask whats the best tracker I can get into. Then we say TL.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    For the love of God, enough of these FT.N threads.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast